Optics help XCR-M
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Optics help XCR-M

Optics help XCR-M

What do you think would be a good optic for the XCR-M if intended to be a battle rifle?

x4 magnification to start, so Trijicon and go from there. Too many out there and optics are so personal, one does not fit all it seems.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Looking for something 20-600 meters ideally. Would like to take quick shots if needed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I went with a 1-4x illuminated reticle scope from Vortex.
    It seems to work pretty well for my purposes.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I'm going to second this one. I have the 1-4 by the same guy who designed this optic. It's a true 1x, so makes great for co-witness, and 6x is good for about 300~500 if you have good eyes. I'm loving it for my -M, and I can hit an 8" gong nearly 100% of the time at 300 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGuns View Post
    I'm going to second this one. I have the 1-4 by the same guy who designed this optic. It's a true 1x, so makes great for co-witness, and 6x is good for about 300~500 if you have good eyes. I'm loving it for my -M, and I can hit an 8" gong nearly 100% of the time at 300 meters.
    What does the glass look like on these? The website looks like someone is using the optic on a photograph and then taking a picture. Could someone take a picture?

Nothing against the CRS scope but it would make me nervous to buy a $1k scope from a relatively new company.

I feel that there is other scopes out there that are just as good with more power and about the same price, maybe a little more.

I would look at Bushnell's new Elite Tactical SMRS 1-6.5. I have one here and used it on the M and for being a 6X scope I shot some really nice groups at distance with it. Now they make one in front focal plain (FFP) and second focal plain (SFP). Now what one is right for you, well that's up to you to decide. I went with a FFP just because that is what all my other scopes are.

Now if you really want to step it up, then they also make a 1-8.5, FFP only. I was able to get behind this one at Rifles Only in TX, when they had the Bushnell Brawl going on in March. Let me say this I was very impressed with it.

The glass is fair, it's not fantastic. I got the 1-4 for under 600$, and it's pretty fair. I like it better than the Vortex equivalent. However, RWS's suggestion of the Bushnell 1-8.5 is a good one if you have the money. Other than that, I would go with a Leupold Mark 4 MRT. It's not a true 1x, it's a 1.5-4. But they're fairly affordable and beautiful! However, if you've got money to burn, check into the leupold Mark8.

The glass in the Norden Performance 1-6X is outstanding. Far better than the 1-4X and better than closely priced competitors in the $1K+ range.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsors