XCRM Barrel Removal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XCRM Barrel Removal

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    From my non-expert knowledge I believe that bolt lock up was not taking place properly but the hammer and firing pin had just enough space to operate. You should be fine the next time. I believe this disassembly and reassembly is covered in the video, operation and armorer manuals. Attachment 6145Attachment 6146
    Preciate the help Merlin. I am also going to pick up some Remington 308 and hopefully a Magpul PMAG before going out, just to have another set of ammo / magazine to use as an alternate and see if that helps.

The fit between the receiver and the barrel extension on my M is definitely tighter than my XCR-L's.

You don't need to do anything special to re-attach the barrel, but you do want to make sure the barrel is seated all the way into the receiver first. If the gas block is lined up with the gas tube alignment should be ok, just get it fully seated.

When you snug the barrel nut then it should force it into alignment. You can tighten the barrel nut down without having the barrel fully seated in the receiver, and it may actually operate somewhat, although this should be obvious since there will be more of the barrel nut sticking out since it's not in the depression in the extension.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

I still haven't even gotten a chance to shoot my M. This report doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about the QC "improvements" at RA. Please keep us posted, flows.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I had the same issue taking the bbl out the first time. There was some sort of metal treatment on it, so it seemed. After initial cleaning, inspection and a range session, it loosened right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    From my non-expert knowledge I believe that bolt lock up was not taking place properly but the hammer and firing pin had just enough space to operate. You should be fine the next time. I believe this disassembly and reassembly is covered in the video, operation and armorer manuals. Attachment 6145Attachment 6146
    I am hoping as much. Since the ammo discharge and feeding seem to work fine. I am pretty sure I was limp wristing the rifle and cause my own issues.

Got a nice XCR-M in a trade, the previous guy had some issues. I have not. If you have a rivet ensuring five rounds only, have a good look if you are catching spring coils, even a P mag wont operate properly if only 3 coils are are under the follower. Mine had been digesting reloads and factory USA made. I have no data on Wolfe or Nornicrappo fodder. In my not so humble opinion, Robarms has a winner with the 308. My xcr-l's in 223 and 7.62x39 both have no issues on their current diet of high grade brass cased ammunition.

Just got mine from Kermit and popped the barrel right out and back in with no drama. Put 120 rounds threw it tonight and ran awesome!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors