Weird ammo issues

Thread: Weird ammo issues

Weird ammo issues

So i had my XCR-M .308 out to the range and sometimes when i stick some Norinco Non-corrosive 7.62x51 Nato in it the thing locks up. The bolt slams shut on the round and then gun goes "click!" So i wait and when i go to pull it out the thing is stuck. I actually have to point the thing downrange and push the charging handle against the edge of the bench with the stock pressed in to my gut to get the round out, and when i do theres no dent or even a mark or a scratch on the primer. However if i single feed the same ammunition it usually works. Also when i shoot Hornady or handloads it runs fine. So im wondering what the hell is going on with the gun/ammo. The ammo works exceptionally well in my M1A.

tight chamber + out of spec case shoulder or case head or headspace........single feed usually works? .............to tight and resistance of bolt over mag follower is enough resistance to keep out of battery?

if you have a micrometer check specs against a good round

good round= one you have tested and will feed and shoot

the norinco all from the same can or from different runs .....check headstamp
    Last edited by 32875; 01-23-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Wasn't there another Canadian user that experienced issues with Norinco ammo?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Merlin,
    Where you referring to this cluster? https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/29-pro...n-t-shoot.html
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

So i went out again and i must have got a bad batch because some worked fine and cycled well but some of the rounds i tried multiple times to no avail. So Norinco isn't being consistent with their sizing(big surprise) and my XCR must have a tight ass chamber because the shit runs through my M1A.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Merlin,
    Where you referring to this cluster? https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/29-pro...n-t-shoot.html
    Yep. Thanks!

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar15 View Post
    So i went out again and i must have got a bad batch because some worked fine and cycled well but some of the rounds i tried multiple times to no avail. So Norinco isn't being consistent with their sizing(big surprise) and my XCR must have a tight ass chamber because the shit runs through my M1A.
    Or,

(1) Norinco is crappy ammo that shouldn't be shot out of any weapon you value, or,

(2) The M1A's chamber is sloppier that a Presidential Cabinet member's backside.

Just sayin'.

FWIW, my RCBS precision mic says that my XCR-M chamber is 2-thou under SAAMI spec.
    It's a tight chamber. It's accurate, and I like it - until I have to resize the Lapua brass.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Take a round fire it off take all of your dimensions from the fired casing including head spacing outside diameter over all Case length shoulder angle all dimensions can be honed into a full length die Lee I believe will ask for 5 spent casings and your full length die th strip hone to chamber specs (if safe to do so) and return it to you !!!! You can never use that die for another gun though and you don't trim you casings to case trim length you would then try I'm it to your chamber it will center that bullet and bring it closer to the riflings probably the second best thing you can do for you self if you want accuracy! !!!

thanks Jason!

Sponsors