XCR match barrel? - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XCR match barrel?

Yah, but does Alex have the memory of an elephant (very good, btw)? I doubt your name and repair order would even pop up on his radar or pass through his desk. The minions are manning the ship and they don't know you from Dick or Jane. Might be a tad more paranoid about this than you need to... especially if others are confirming quick turn-arounds.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yah, but does Alex have the memory of an elephant (very good, btw)? I doubt your name and repair order would even pop up on his radar or pass through his desk. The minions are manning the ship and they don't know you from Dick or Jane. Might be a tad more paranoid about this than you need to... especially if others are confirming quick turn-arounds.

He definitely knows my name....but....there's a very good chance that, as you said, the repair wouldn't even cross his desk.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

You happen to honestly mistake someone's bowl of breakfast cereal for a convenient urinal just once........
    That person typically never forgets that it happened.
    Or what the cereal tasted like.
    Sean K. and mjorin like this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

From the RA website the XCR-M was in production from 2012.
    Does anyone know when (year) the gas block/tube 'M' barrel upgrade was standard on XCR-M's?

2015ish....

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/25-fi...-range-21.html

The above thread is my experience with my first M, pre and post fix.

Thanks for the reply navalbeaver, and the link to your thread.

Interesting... it seems we Australian's are getting sold old stock 'M' models.
    XCR match barrel?-screenshot_20180710-152605_samsung-internet_1531200652997.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FF05 View Post
    Thanks for the reply navalbeaver, and the link to your thread.

Interesting... it seems we Australian's are getting sold old stock 'M' models.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180710-152605_Samsung Internet_1531200652997.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	570.6 KB 
ID:	14388
    Are these being sold direct? What is the turn around for customs on restricted items like so-called "assault" rifles?

They look like older models simply due to the fact that they have full picatinny rails. Also, I can't see the gas block well enough in the pics (even expanded) to tell if this the accurized version or not.

I'm confused...wasn't your rifle "used" when you bought it?

Who's the importer? And what are the SN ranges?
    Last edited by Sean K.; 07-10-2018 at 07:47 AM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

It's a long and lengthy process here, importers/dealers ship the rifles here, Customs seize them, then they sit in 'bond stock' (Custom's jail) until release papers are provided, which are very hard to get.

Yes my XCR-M is used, from what i can tell after speaking with the RA dealer mine came from the same shipment. Sales are so low and restricted it may take years (3? 5? 10? Who knows...) to sell them all, before he considers a new shipment. He did state full RA customer support with parts, we'll see.

No joke, it's so restricted here there maybe only half a dozen XCR's in Australia, and half of them locked up in 'bond stock'.

Quote Originally Posted by FF05 View Post
    It's a long and lengthy process here, importers/dealers ship the rifles here, Customs seize them, then they sit in 'bond stock' (Custom's jail) until release papers are provided, which are very hard to get.

Yes my XCR-M is used, from what i can tell after speaking with the RA dealer mine came from the same shipment. Sales are so low and restricted it may take years (3? 5? 10? Who knows...) to sell them all, before he considers a new shipment. He did state full RA customer support with parts, we'll see.

No joke, it's so restricted here there maybe only half a dozen XCR's in Australia, and half of them locked up in 'bond stock'.
    But that's my point. It may well not be that RA is sending old stock. It may be that they are held in customs so long that by the time they are released...they are "obsolete"....or (better phrasing) the older design.

Yes Sean, you are correct. RA is not sending us old models, we just have old stock that takes forever to sell. That's what i meant, sorry for the confusion.

The RA dealer told me the history of my XCR-M before i purchased it, stating it was 2 years old. I was surprised (now i have seen it firsthand) that it was the old model. I didn't take into consideration it probably sat in Customs for 'X' amount of years.
    Last edited by FF05; 07-10-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors