XCR match barrel?
Like Tree7Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XCR match barrel?

XCR match barrel?

I recently sent my rifle off to get the new gas parts after being unsatisfied with my groups I was getting from my Gen1. While on the phone with RA, they mentioned a new "match grade barrel" that was available for my xcr-m. They said that it would shrink my groups by half (after the gas tube/block upgrade). Does anyone know anything about this barrel? I haven't seen anything online or here on the forum and would like more info before I drop 5-600 bucks. Opinions? Thanks guys!

Cam

From my understanding, it's not so much the barrel as it is the block/tube intereface. There's been mention of improved chambers on the barrels that have been manufactured over the past 18 months or so.

I had an accuracy issue with my early M (08XX) and the gas block/tube update did cut my groups in half. I've not shot much of the new barrels so can't speak with much authority on those.

They were offering the block/tube update for free. I went from 2.5MOA to MOA...ish after the update. I've got a thread in the "M" section that details my experience. It's up to you to figure out if it's worth the update for a whole new barrel, or just try the update.

Not sure how they're doing it North of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultr View Post
    I recently sent my rifle off to get the new gas parts after being unsatisfied with my groups I was getting from my Gen1. While on the phone with RA, they mentioned a new "match grade barrel" that was available for my xcr-m. They said that it would shrink my groups by half (after the gas tube/block upgrade). Does anyone know anything about this barrel? I haven't seen anything online or here on the forum and would like more info before I drop 5-600 bucks. Opinions? Thanks guys!

Cam

If you don't mind me asking, is RA charging for the upgrade to the new gas parts? I have a first gen -M as well....but I haven't shot it for anything other than function yet. If I find the groups are big...then I'll have to go the route of sending it in.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Wolverine is doing it under warranty for me. So far I'm very happy with RA customer service. The tech guys were super helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultr View Post
    Wolverine is doing it under warranty for me. So far I'm very happy with RA customer service. The tech guys were super helpful.
    Thanks. Wonder if I should go through Kermit.....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sean,

Send it back to RA. I did it for 2 rifles and it was actually a decent turn around time.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Sean,

Send it back to RA. I did it for 2 rifles and it was actually a decent turn around time.
    Sean is still probably on Alex's S*it list so he is probably better off using an proxy.
    Bravo and Sean K. like this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Sean is still probably on Alex's S*it list so he is probably better off using an proxy.
    Ya, I'd probably go through Kermit for that reason and since I bought it through him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Ya, I'd probably go through Kermit for that reason and since I bought it through him in the first place.
    I assure you that Alex does not have any such list. They've been working hard to improve customer service at Robinson Arms. Also, the turn around is extremely quick for the accuracy fix.Purple Nurple said that they have the parts for it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by InVader View Post
    I assure you that Alex does not have any such list. They've been working hard to improve customer service at Robinson Arms. Also, the turn around is extremely quick for the accuracy fix.Purple Nurple said that they have the parts for it on hand.
    There was some very old history between myself and Alex which is what sparked that tongue in cheek comment from Merlin. Part of the contention was definitely my fault and I've passed on my apologies to him via Kermit in the past. Kermit has told me that Alex has seemingly buried the hatchet as well....I just know that Kermit typically holds more sway in getting things warrantied than do individuals (with good reason since he has a very good and regular relationship with RA).
    Merlin and mjorin like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors