XCR-M how does it suppress?
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCR-M how does it suppress?

XCR-M how does it suppress?

I've never owned an XCR, but I've been wanting one for a long time. Has anyone used it suppressed...if so, how well do the XCR rifles work with suppressors? I'm assuming they are great since you can adjust the gas.

I have an XCR L and M that I might be buying or trading. I'd prefer the M since I already have a few 223 rifles and would like a bigger caliber.

Also, is the 6.5 Creedmoor available? I see it on the RA site, but didn't know.

Howdy munchie!! Welcome to the best forum on the internet.

The L with gas ports in spec runs like a sewing machine, there were some QC Issues though. Bravo has some good info on the M....Imagine he will be along shortly.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

I've shot my M suppressed a bit. It flings the crap out of the brass and there's definitely a POI shift. I've only done a couple of boxes of various calibers so I don't have a broad experience base to work off of.

The L with the latest 8 position block suppresses MUCH better than the old 5 position. All of my Ls were still over gassed on "S" wiht the old gas system. Depending on which round I'm shooting, sometimes I'll get short strokes on the 1st round on an unpressurized can on "1" but "2" has been reliable and it's much more usable than the old block. I've only shot the original gas (type 2) on the M but with the success of the type 3 on the L, I'd really like to try the type 3 on the M to see if that gets the ejection a little more under control.

I had a 6.5 on order for a long time. Ended up using the credit to complete a different order. Not sure what the latest availability is.
    GAT-273 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

So the L's are good to suppress, but the M's not a lot of information on suppressing. Hmm...I have a bunch of 223s already, so getting an L isn't as appealing as getting the M.

Quote Originally Posted by munchie3409 View Post
    So the L's are good to suppress, but the M's not a lot of information on suppressing. Hmm...I have a bunch of 223s already, so getting an L isn't as appealing as getting the M.
    Again, I've got limited time with can on mine. I like my M but just haven't had the time to run it a lot. Bravo probably has a much better idea about how it runs.

With the current info I've got, I'd be willing to try the new M with the type 3 gas block. Whether that's on a long or standard upper.

I'm supposed to have a type 2(m style) setup coming for the L. My plan was to run it next to the type 3 and see if there's much difference between the 2. It'll be a few weeks before I can do that though. Assuming I get my parts next week.

It appears that the M is supposed to run well suppressed with the new gas block. I haven't had the time to run mine yet. The original M gas block seems to be overgassed.

When RA upgrades...IE gas block. Does one just order the parts or does RA upgrade older generations? I've never dealt with RA...just read about the owner and CS.

If you send in your gun, they'll upgrade to "current spec". Most of the upgrades are bolt on and easily swapped by the end user. It's important to know what other parts you'll need, ie you'll need the gas block, tube and op rod if you swap operating systems.

Call RA for a better idea on time lines/pricing/availability

I will be making the trade for the XCR M. I'm going to give RA a call just to see if I could get a 6.5CM barrel.

How are XCR-Ms on brass? I reload and if I get a 6.5 CM barrel, I'm hoping it won't ding brass too much.

Clear mark on all my brass from the ejector. Flings the crap out of the brass on all gas settings, 30' or more usually. At the range I usually lose a few because it's not particularly consistent on where they end up. Can't remember if it dinged the case mouth too. I may be thinking of another platform for that issue.

The above is without a can. It's worse with a can on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors