Now the wait for the .308 XCR-M begins ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now the wait for the .308 XCR-M begins ...

Now the wait for the .308 XCR-M begins ...

This was posted by Kolob/Alex yesterday: Note the last statement at the bottom.

I want to be the first to offer my services on testing, feedback, etc. on the XCR-M model. I've been stockpiling .308 for a year now for my DPMS LR-308's and the upcoming XCR-M.

I'm READY!!!

================================================== ======================
    Guys:

Thanks for your support. Here's a roadmap of what we have coming.

1) 6.8 Rifles and Kits will begin shipping the week of Nov 12.
    2) 6.5 are testing well and we're putting them into production immediately in an 18.6" length, 1/9 twist, chrome-lined. Initial shipments could be as early as the end of December.
    3) We're waiting on C-Products for the 7.62x39mm mag which is supposed to be done next month for the 7.62x39mm.
    4) We also are shooting a .300-221 today. It uses your standard AR-15 mags and the 5.56 bolt. These barrels could be available shortly if the demand is sufficient.
    5) We redesigned the fire control (trigger group) components but have not built a set or tested them yet. It's a while off but all data suggests that it would be a much better system for target shooting - a much lighter pull and a short reset. We'll build a few and get some tested by you experts before beginning production.
    6) XCR-PDW We should be able to offer a shortened version with a shortened upper and 10" barrels at some point soon.
    7) The Ultimate stock. We're still working but making progress on a folding adjustable stock.

Most of the items 1-7 are done or nearly done, so we're starting the XCR-M .308. Which will be our focus for a while.

Alex J. Robinson
    Manager
    Robinson Armament Co.

Re: Now the wait for the .308 XCR-M begins ...

The more I handle my XCR the more I think about a 308 version. :crossedfingers:

While I think my FAL's are the most ergonomic 308 rifle available currently the ideal of a 308 XCR really has me wanting one now. :toast:
    The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly fucking stupid.

Yes this will be on my priority list too. I believe it has the potential to be a outstanding .308 weapon system and it's certainly on my wish list!

I can see a SBR with a 11" barrel, and maybe a 20" or 22" long range upper all set up with a quality highpower scope.

Yes I can see it now :sniper: :hopmad:
    O.S.O.K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I might consider the "M" in .260 cal. Shot my friends AR in .260 and like the hell out of it. It's like shooting a 6.5x55 Swed in an AR platform. Those long thin bullets do some wonderous things.... :2cents:
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

I don't see why Alex would not be able to make a 260 caliber conversion once the 308 version is out.
    The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly fucking stupid.

seriously, when does the .308 version come out! I want my .308 XCR before President Hillary takes all the good guns away and the economy collapses!!!

The 260 is the same magazine, same shell necked down to 260, I can't see why this wouldn't be an option either. Nice option too!
    O.S.O.K.

Speaking of the .308/.260 "M" version, another good choice of magazine for it would be the HK-91/G-3 Mags. Well made and cheap!!!! >

I've already purchased ammo. This is going to be my first .308 rifle. Can't wait!
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

I already have a safe full of .308s...... I will probably hold out for the .260. Then I will have a good mix of 6.5s on hand. 8) :

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors