30 round 308 magazine
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 2 Post By Sean K.

Thread: 30 round 308 magazine

30 round 308 magazine

So after a few weeks of playing with the idea I've finally gotten all my parts together. I took to dpms mags, had them cut and welded together at 8 3/4" from long point to long point. (l measured a 30 Brit fal mag that I had laying around.) I then bought a pro mag 30 round 308 mag, took the spring out of it... Presto 30 round frankinmag! I've hand cycled 28 rounds out through my M as fast as I could with no issues! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the range! Total investment (not including the POS X25 mag I bought that inspired this project) is $110, I payed $29 for each of the mags, $15 for the promag 30, also pretty sure I can do the next one for less, by better sourcing the mag bodies..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30 round 308 magazine-img_20200630_161920275_ll_1593551382222.jpg   30 round 308 magazine-img_20200630_161738941_ll_1593551458122.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Flskunkape View Post
    So after a few weeks of playing with the idea I've finally gotten all my parts together. I took to dpms mags, had them cut and welded together at 8 3/4" from long point to long point. (l measured a 30 Brit fal mag that I had laying around.) I then bought a pro mag 30 round 308 mag, took the spring out of it... Presto 30 round frankinmag! I've hand cycled 28 rounds out through my M as fast as I could with no issues! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the range! Total investment (not including the POS X25 mag I bought that inspired this project) is $110, I payed $29 for each of the mags, $15 for the promag 30, also pretty sure I can do the next one for less, by better sourcing the mag bodies..
    Don't see the worth for 5 extra rounds and the added length over a 25 round PMag.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I've always thought the magpuls are ugly as hell, but each his own.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flskunkape View Post
    I've always thought the magpuls are ugly as hell, but each his own.
    As they say: Beauty's in the eye of the beerholder
    fmunk and RobertSlaughter like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors