XCR-M 308 Accuracy Issues
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver

Thread: XCR-M 308 Accuracy Issues

XCR-M 308 Accuracy Issues

Hello All,

My 1 year old, but only recently used, XCR-M is at best 2 MOA with FGMM 168 and IMI RazorCore 168, and even worse with ball ammo. The barrel is tight, bagged and bipod shooting. Is this normal? I have heard the XCR series are not the most accurate, but modern rifles seem to hover around 1 MOA these days.

Another rifle with the same scope and ammo shot .7MOA

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I spent WEEKS trying out different ammo, tightening/loosening, shooting position etc to get my M to group with factory ammo. Best I could get it down to was about 1.5moa.

There are a few pics/threads of guys with good groups but they're usually 3 shots and hand loads. I was able to get 3 out of 5 shots touching with my M but the other 2 would significantly open up the group.

Battle rifle. Not a precision rifle.

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/25-fi...r-m-range.html
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 09-28-2020 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added link
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I spent WEEKS trying out different ammo, tightening/loosening, shooting position etc to get my M to group with factory ammo. Best I could get it down to was about 1.5moa.

There are a few pics/threads of guys with good groups but they're usually 3 shots and hand loads. I was able to get 3 out of 5 shots touching with my M but the other 2 would significantly open up the group.

Battle rifle. Not a precision rifle.

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/25-fi...r-m-range.html
    ^This. I've gotten 3 shots through one hole at 100M with ball ammo...but that's the best I've done.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors