XCR-M Conversion Kits - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XCR-M Conversion Kits

mrd

Re: XCR-M Conversion Kits

this maybe crazy but how about a 410 shotgun conversion if it would fit the magwell???

How about a .300 Win Mag conversion kit?

Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    this maybe crazy but how about a 410 shotgun conversion if it would fit the magwell???
    The 410 would be cool. It'd be cool to have a XCR shotgun. I doubt it would ever happen, but would be a neat idea for sure.

You could always buy a Saiga 410. Its mag fed and semi auto too.
    "When your life depends on it, you will not rise to the level of your expectations, but rather fall to the level of your training."

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

mrd

i was gonna buy an e-tac sagia 12g for 1300. from atlantic firearmes but i got the XCR instead. i still will when i get more money for toys. ;D check it out if you want..it even has the same stock as the XCR...
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct808.aspx

i was gonna buy an e-tac sagia 12g for 1300. from atlantic firearmes but i got the XCR instead. i still will when i get more money for toys. ;D check it out if you want..it even has the same stock as the XCR...
    I have 2 Saiga 12's already. There awesome. One decked out in wood, the other in synthetic with an dph billet stock (kinda like the ace stock, but way better).
    "When your life depends on it, you will not rise to the level of your expectations, but rather fall to the level of your training."

Etac definitely puts out some quality builds. There is no question that his guns will run great. I run his twisterpucs in both my S12's and I install them on all the guns that I convert for friends and coworkers. Definitely makes cleaning the gas block a breeze. I would however change that forearm out. There are better looking, and better performing rails out there. Tapco isnt known for putting out quality parts. The polymer they use have been known to melt under rapid firing. If you wanted polymer, Surefire Gun Mags makes a nice 3-sided rail, and you can get the factory Russian handguard with lower rail at OneSourceTactical for cheap. Chaos and Kross make excellent aluminum handguards that are excellent choices as well. There are several others as well.

The slant brake is pretty much useless. Its a quality machined part and rounds out the AK look if that is what youre going for, but doesnt do much on a shotgun, no muzzle break does. Their mini talon break is a better choice imo. If you want something that actually works to reduce muzzle flip and recoil, you would need to look at a mid comp. But with that, you would have to do extensive gas port work or even move the gas system back 2", similar to what you have to do for SBS.

mrd

Tapco isnt known for putting out quality parts.
    i know this well. i have a SA 93 bulgarian ak that i made 922r compliant. its a milled reciever model, hard to find inexpensive, quality parts. that leaves tapco. there G2 trigger sucks but thats what you get for 20.bucks. the m4 style stock was a good buy for 30. though. i know there are better parts out there but i refuse to spend a lot of money on a ak. even if i have a better than most base model. its just not worth it.
    now my XCR, well that IS worth dumping [s]some[/s] alot of $$$$ into. ;D

I have a Tapco trigger in my AK and it has been a joy,not to mention their stubby vertical grips are great. YMMV

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Dtom, I enjoy the g2 trigger too. I have them in both my s12s and my s308. A little polising here and there and taking down all rough edges, those triggers are smooth as glass. I've used several of their products including their ak stock and pistol grip and they Looked and worked great. Their handguards are a different story. They don't contain a heat shield and the polymers will not hold up to the heAT from the gas block. Not to mention their uglier than sin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors