CAN WE GET A XCR HEAVY DISCUSSION - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CAN WE GET A XCR HEAVY DISCUSSION

Re: CAN WE GET A XCR HEAVY DISCUSSION

BTW, I found 5 round magazines on DSA's website and picked one up for hunting. I'm hoping to hit the range tomorrow to start the break in process.

I'd like to see HK G3 magazines get the nod for this. I've got a metric ton of the things and I don't want to buy new magazines!

Quote Originally Posted by Sloan441 View Post
    I'd like to see HK G3 magazines get the nod for this. I've got a metric ton of the things and I don't want to buy new magazines!
    +A million ;D

they are plentiful, cheap, robust, and work great...please robarm, use these mags!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Do the G3 mags drop free like AR mags? If so, I would vote for those. If not, I guess they will have to use some sort of AR-10 mag, unless they want to totally switch up the characteristics of a mag change.

FAL mags are great, cheap, robust, available in the millios, I already have them, but alas... they do rock in and use an AK style mag catch, which would be quite a departure from the XCR-L.

G3 mags are drop free magazines--in design. In actual HKs, well, they usually will, but sometimes do not. It's a HK91/G3 thing. Generally, an empty G3 mag won't drop free, but one with a few rounds in it will. Steel HK91 mags will drop free, but as has been hinted, they weigh a ton, so they get a boost from gravity when you hit the mag release.

Worst case, you might have to yank the thing out after it drops a quarter inch. There's no rock and lock with G3s. Just friction from the magwell. Hell, let me run a quick experiment (haven't played with my 91 in over a year)...haha, how embarrassing. I'll have to eat all these words. This is what happens when you rely on aging memory.

OK, HK mags aren't rock and lock. G3s (and HK91s) have a push button release. However, magwells are pretty tight on them. Soooo, mags don't drop free. A full G3 mag drops about a 1/16 inch at best. So you do have to pull them out--of a G3. Personally, I don't have a problem with this, but I do know that guys from the AR side of things like their speed reloads. I'm pretty sure Robinson could make them drop free, but I'm not sure what sort of tolerances HK (or their vendors) found acceptable on magazines.

Still, these things are super abundant, dirt cheap, and VERY stout--even the alloy G3 mags. The steel HK91 mags could be used as field expediant hammers and be none the worse for wear. I still think they'd be the best choice for the XCR-H.

Well I guess I'd have to vote for G3 mags then.

I'm a lefty, so my AR reloads consist of grabbing the mag with my right hand, pressing the button with my thumb, and pulling the mag out. I find it more reliable that way anyway, since not all mags are actually going to drop all the way out anyway. By "drop free", I guess I mainly meant, do they insert and pull out straight, and use a button (like an AR) rather than rock and lock/hinged lever like an AK/FAL.

I would assume that in the interest of maintaining the same type operating characterists between models, Robinson would want to go with a mag design that allows for straight insertion and removal. But I guess time will tell.

Subscribing for new updates on the XCR-M in .308. Any new info when this will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainam View Post
    Subscribing for new updates on the XCR-H in .308. Any new info when this will be released?
    I don't think there is even any info on it being in development. So, if it is released, it probably will not be anytime soon.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

I was going by the FAQ on the Robarm webpage.

http://www.robarm.com/XCR_FAQ_Answer...an_XCR_in_.308

Has this been canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainam View Post
    I was going by the FAQ on the Robarm webpage.

http://www.robarm.com/XCR_FAQ_Answer...an_XCR_in_.308

Has this been canceled?
    Interesting, I hadn't seen that before. Something tells me it won't be released in early 2008 though.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors