MC-Tech rail covers - where can I get 'em?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MC-Tech rail covers - where can I get 'em?

MC-Tech rail covers - where can I get 'em?

Hey all -

I just got my new XCR this week and I'm already starting to accessorize!!

I have seen some of your rifles fitted with MC-Tech rail covers (I think that's the brand) but I can't find 'em anywhere.

Can anyone tell me where I can find them? Or if not, can you recommend some good ones? I like the standard falcon covers as well, but I haven;t heard how well they work.

- Jim

Here are a few pics that show the rail covers I am talking about:

Re: MC-Tech rail covers - where can I get 'em?

WELCOME, NICE GUNS!

Those are Knights Armament Co. rail covers, and they dont work well on the XCR at all because they require a locking tab on the rail to keep from sliding off. Unless there is some insane about of friction and tight fit, they WILL slide off under use.

"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

You could try these,inexpensive and they work really well.
    http://store.a51tactical.com/index.p...roducts_id=756

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Those are Knights Armament Co. rail covers, and they dont work well on the XCR at all because they require a locking tab on the rail to keep from sliding off. Unless there is some insane about of friction and tight fit, they WILL slide off under use.

So they tend to slide, even with the locking tab?

(And just for the record, those are not my guns, they are just some pics I found.)

DSM

If you really want to the KAC panels you can take you receiver to a machinist. Those tabs are just a little notch for the tab to slip into. A little duracoat or moly-teflon (or re-anodized if you want) and you'll back up to spec.

Now the country boy in me would say all you need is a steady hand and a dremel...!
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Careful, I think tread gets a couple of bucks from Area 51 every time he recommends these rails on the forum. ;D

I actually asked a similar question about rails in a prior thread; followed tread's advice and bought these rail covers. Put them on my gun about a week ago and have been very happy with them. They go on pretty easily, seem to stay put and I definitely like the feel of them. Also, you can't beat the price. I do think the one piece rails to look a tiny bit better/cleaner, but for $11.00 it's tough to beat the Area 51 rails.

I'm glad you like em'! No affiliation,I just try to pass along good stuff when I see it.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by m118sb View Post
    If you really want to the KAC panels you can take you receiver to a machinist. Those tabs are just a little notch for the tab to slip into. A little duracoat or moly-teflon (or re-anodized if you want) and you'll back up to spec.

Now the country boy in me would say all you need is a steady hand and a dremel...!

Pardon my confusion, but are you saying that the Knights Armament Covers will take thet finish off my rails with their locking tab? If this is true, I'll try something else.

DSM

No, they're plastic they won't scratch the finish. I was saying that if you really wanted to use the KAC panels as they are designed then the last notch on rail sections on the receiver would need to be altered. That's the reason I mentioned refinishing. The locking tab clicks into a notch on either side of the last groove of the rail section.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors