Rubber grip

Thread: Rubber grip

Rubber grip

I have bigger hands and want to slap on a new grip. I'm a big fan of the rubber Hogue I put on my Sig P229. I was thinking of going with the Hogue for the XCR too, but I'm dubious of their durability.

My question is, how do the rubber grips hold up over time? And I don't mean under nice range circumstances like my pistol gets. I mean how do they hold up under conditions operators face? I'm sure I could do a MIAD with the large backstrap and some grip tape, but I'm looking for input on how the rubberized hold up. The XCR is my "doomsday" rifle and I'd hate for my post-apocalyptic Utopia to be ruined by failing rubber grips! ;D
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Re: Rubber grip

I have one on mine and while I've not dragged the rifle behind our F-350 down a gravel road at 50 mph,I'd say it should hold up pretty well.If in doubt buy a few spares,it's not like they are that expensive.If you like O.D. CDNN has them for $10.
    http://www.cdnninvestments.com/argrpiruwgrn.html
    If you have large hands I think the ERGO might be a better choice simply because it's larger circumference fills the hand better.I had one on my XCR,but I like how the Hogue places my finger on the trigger better.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Sponsors