Some Desert Landscape Pictures from this past weekend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Desert Landscape Pictures from this past weekend

Some Desert Landscape Pictures from this past weekend

Barrett Octavian Cartmann getting a sun tan on this relatively cool day summer day. Somewhere in the desert about 2 miles east of Boulder Creek.

Practicing Extraction.
    Scenario: You successfully extracted you and your family out of the house, but while leaving the garage in Hippo1 (the name of your evac vehicle), you come out "HOT", meaning under fire from the bad guys. Nothing a rear window mounted .50 Cal Barret can't handle!... with the proper training of course.

Remington 5R at the Boulder Creek Range

XCR Mirco Again. Old upper (in the 1XXX range). New Micro Upper, new style gas block, new trigger. 100% Flawless operation!

Re: Some Desert Landscape Pictures from this past weekend

Have you noticed any issues with wear on your can? I have a pistol inbound (will sbr of course) and want to put a 7.62 SDN-6 on it. AAC specifically states, "Centerfire rifle caliber silencers are not warranted for use on barrels less than 10” in length. 762-SDN-6 and SR7 warranted on barrels as short as 7.5” when used wth 300 AAC BLACKOUT or 5.56mm." It's not my first suppressor, but it is the first time I will use one on an SBR, just wondering if there are any unique issues I should be aware of before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KiowaDriver85 View Post
    Have you noticed any issues with wear on your can? I have a pistol inbound (will sbr of course) and want to put a 7.62 SDN-6 on it. AAC specifically states, "Centerfire rifle caliber silencers are not warranted for use on barrels less than 10” in length. 762-SDN-6 and SR7 warranted on barrels as short as 7.5” when used wth 300 AAC BLACKOUT or 5.56mm." It's not my first suppressor, but it is the first time I will use one on an SBR, just wondering if there are any unique issues I should be aware of before hand.
    Wear is very bad on the 7.5". Shooting only 40 rounds looks worse than shooting 1000 rounds from a 14.5". It's ok though, I don't plan to be shooting suppressed on any barrel less than 14.5" in the future.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

That's a nice stock on your XCR. What is it? Where did you get it? Looks a bit larger than the OEM stock?

Quote Originally Posted by merdman View Post
    That's a nice stock on your XCR. What is it? Where did you get it? Looks a bit larger than the OEM stock?
    That's an ACR stock. You likely won't find anyone willing to come up off an adapter though.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

What is so special about the acr stock that it is coveted by those that have it.

The ACR stock adapter was made because RA was taking a long time to release the FAST. While the stock/adapter doesn't mesh flush with the XCR receiver, it is a nice fit. It reduces/eliminates the height over bore issue other stocks have on the XCR, as does the FAST (reportedly...I don't have a FAST yet). I like it because it locks up tight, has the adjustable cheek weld, and has storage (EOTech+AA batteries=need spares!). The FAST is metal, so it's probably sturdier, but the ACR stock is far from flimsy. I kept my M4 adapter in case I end up not liking something about the ACR stock, but it hasn't happened yet!
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

I will say that your xcr with the mini upper, acr stock, and suppressor just looks right. It is hard to explain, it just looks like how it was destined to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tw9caboose View Post
    I will say that your xcr with the mini upper, acr stock, and suppressor just looks right. It is hard to explain, it just looks like how it was destined to be.
    yeah not to sound conceited... I agree! It also shoots very nice, my favorite rifle now.

Any problems with wear on the suppressor yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors