Picture of Pelican case with XCR - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Picture of Pelican case with XCR

Re: Picture of Pelican case with XCR

It's the TA31F and has the rail mount built in. The big knobs you see are the tumbscrews for clamping it directly to the rails.

I didn't really zero it the first time because it was almost dead on shooting at 25 yrds or so and when I took it off and put it back on I wasn't really paying attention to where exactly I had mounted it the first time. It was off but still hitting within a body mass area on an IDPA target at 50yds. I took it off again and just zero'ed it on my FAL to take hunting so it will be awhile before I put it back on the XCR.

BTW, the rails on the FAL were parallel to the bore in azimuth (only off 1" to the right) but way off in elevation (about 7" low) at 50 yds. I'm going back tomorrow or Tuesday to shoot at 100yds.

Cool,

Keep us posted please
    O.S.O.K.

Will do. In the meantime, here's a close up of the ACOG and the tumbscrews.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Sig. It looks good!
    O.S.O.K.

Ranly - SORRY for the SLOW reply - my (new - Dell sux) PC died and I had to fallback onto the girlfriends laptop.

The P99 is probably the best "Out of the box" shooter I have. At 10-12 yards, I can make a soda can dance. The sights are dead on (for me anyway) and it is smooth. Had some issues with the factory 10 round mags... the bases broke and Roy over at Aussie Arms hooked me up with factory (warratied) replacements. Thanks Roy!

The Glocks are, well, Glocks. Anyone who has them knows that they are utility weapons. Use them, abuse them, they keep on shootin'... I have (2) G22's a G27 and a G21C

I took my daughter to the range in the spring, and it was raining like hell - blowing sideways. EVERYTHING got soaking wet. I (seriously) had to shake the water out of the pistols and mags before loading them up. I figured what the hell... we'll see what a real world scenario is with water. I had ZERO problems with any pistol.

Well, let me clarify... I had ZERO problems resulting from water logged pistols.

The HK USP40 DOES NOT LIKE WOLF AMMO. Don't need to start a thread on that - because it is very simple. The USP 40 will eat anything but Wolf Steel Case ammo. Lord knows I've tried EVERYTHING...

But out of all the pistols I have - I carry the SIG P239 most, followed by the G27 and Colt Cobra in Galco ankle rigs.

For concealed carry - I find Milt Sparks Versa-Max II is the most comfortable - and I have a TON of holsters from almost every manufacturer and have tried every style imaginable.

ANYWAY - to answer your question - the P99 is sweet and I LIKE IT!!!

Of course, I have not found any handgun I DON'T like yet...

Later my friend
    Certified SIG SAUER Armorer

Well,

1redgmc is certianly a "gunaholic', and I can say that because I have sold him.......... : let me say more than 1 in his collection.
    O.S.O.K.

Yes indeed... Aussie Arms / Roy has sold me... including TODAY's purchase... something in the range of (7) pistols and before the week is over - EIGHT.

I shot his P220 Elite today and MAN OH MAN - I gotta have me one. Talk about accurate. I retract my statement about the P99 being the best out of the box. There is no comparison to the P220 - period.
    Certified SIG SAUER Armorer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors