Photography and Digital Imaging of your Weapons Systems - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photography and Digital Imaging of your Weapons Systems

Re: Photography and Digital Imaging of your Weapons Systems

I moved the thread ok, but some of the posts might need to go to the new post. I don't think I can do that?
    O.S.O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Arms View Post
    I moved the thread ok, but some of the posts might need to go to the new post. I don't think I can do that?
    You can't move a thread without also moving all the posts along with it. Also, there is no way to move posts individually.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

Well guys, I guess if you want to re post in the new topic please feel free. You could probably copy and paste so you don't have to retype it again.
    O.S.O.K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Arms View Post
    Well guys, I guess if you want to re post in the new topic please feel free. You could probably copy and paste so you don't have to retype it again.
    Which posts are you talking about?
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

my camera is a minolta dimage 7i 5mp... it's starting to show its age a bit, but I'd much rather knock more guns and ammo of the list before replacing the camera ;D

Juice,

What do you think the best readily avaliable lighting is for taking shots of guns and stuff? Obviously a flash doesn'y work too well, is side lighting the way to go?
    O.S.O.K.

Aussie,

A softbox or light tent would be the best way for inexpensive product photography on lighting equipment like strobe.

If you don't have any lighting equipment, then of course daylight from a north facing window would work but the light will be a bit blueish so if using film you'll have to correct with a correcting filter. If using digital, set the white balance once setup for the shot.

With a softbox I'd light a firearm from above and slightly behind, then flag the light so the light isn't visible in the lens. The flag will block the light from directly entering the lens so there'd be no flair. Then I'd put a white card under the lens which would act as fill and fill in the shadows created in front and underneath the firearm.

With a north light setup , I'd light from slightly behind and to one side, the use a fill card on the opposite side of the light source to fill in the shadows.

Thanks Juice,

I will try it when I get my SBR XCR.
    O.S.O.K.

Re: Photographs of New XCR-M and the new XCR Stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Juicespeare1 View Post
    Sig,

Get back in the game. The D80, D200 and D300 are all remarkable cameras. You don't have to spend a lot of money anymore to get good quality 35mm digital.

Quote Originally Posted by SigsRule View Post
    Missed that part.

Photography is also one of my inexpensive (NOT) hobbies. I've got a lot in Nikon lenses with no current body since my camera died and I haven't replaced it yet. All my recent shots I've been posting are using my wife's Casio digital.
    I just read about the D300 while scanning a magazine at the airport and that old urge is resurfacing. Did I read right that it's sensor is now full 35mm size at 13+ mp or am I mixing it with the D3?

Re: Photographs of New XCR-M and the new XCR Stock?

Quote Originally Posted by SigsRule View Post
    I just read about the D300 while scanning a magazine at the airport and that old urge is resurfacing. Did I read right that it's sensor is now full 35mm size at 13+ mp or am I mixing it with the D3?
    The D300 has a DX (23.6x15.8mm) format CMOS sensor.
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082313nikond300.asp

The D3 has a 35mm film (36x24mm) sized CMOS sensor.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...n/nikon_d3.asp

Although my D200 also has a DX format sensor, I still use 35mm format lenses on my camera body. The reverse is not true, you can not use DX format lenses on a camera with a 35mm sensor.

When I do eventually get a camera with a 35mm format sensor, I will already have a supply of lenses. I think eventually there will be a move away from the DX format as the pixel count increases to such a count that it becomes difficult to fit them all on a DX format sensor. When that happens is anyones guess...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors