Suppressed Micro XCR-L
Like Tree5Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressed Micro XCR-L

Suppressed Micro XCR-L

Thought I'd share some pictures of my completed XCR. It has been in the works since December 2012. I bought it from Kermit as a pistol, waited for the Form 1 to be approved (9-months) and added the FAST Stock afterwards. In September 2013 I bought the SDN-6 and just received the stamp this past Monday. 8-Month wait, the shortest I've had yet. List of additions are:

Bushnell TRS-25 on Leapers Hi-Profile riser
    Magpul MIAD Grip
    Magpul BUIS front and rear
    Mapgul MS3 Sling with RSA on the forward rail
    Magpul RVG
    AAC Blackout Muzzle Brake
    AAC 762-SDN-6

Suppressed Micro XCR-L-photo-may-11-16-27-10.jpg
    Suppressed Micro XCR-L-photo-may-11-16-28-20.jpg

I've only shot it with the suppressor once so far, and the Blackout is my first experience utilizing a muzzle break. That being said, I went to an indoor range for my initial firing. First couple shots with the brake only were quite the experience. Thankfully my sisters and I were the only ones there or I would have felt like a real asshole. To say the muzzle blast was mildly disorienting is no exaggeration. I wouldn't want to even think about firing indoors without wearing at least single and preferably double hearing protection. With the suppressor on however, it was an incredibly experience. The XCR recoils mildly as is, but with the suppressor it really felt like shooting a 22LR. I couldn't believe how mild the recoil was. I didn't try taking my hearing protection off but have no doubt that outdoors it wouldn't be an issue. The muzzle blast and sound was dramatically decreased and was a true pleasure to shoot. The only negative thing I can say is that it adds some serious weight to the end of an already heavy weapon. It was a challenge for my sisters to handle and they're both experienced firearms handlers. Can't image what it'd feel like dangling off the end of a 16" XCR.

Couldn't be more pleased with the end result. All I want now is a 300 Blkout conversion!

Here's a short video of my sister firing my suppressed (Ti-Rant 45) Glock 21 and me with the XCR.

Merlin, crusoe, cjt50 and 2 others like this.

I hope you have titanium baffles nearest the barrel, because that short barrel is going to be rough on your baffles.
    Last edited by Tech Man; 05-11-2014 at 04:14 PM.

It's nice to have a sister who can cover your six.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Kiowa,

I've got a mini in 223 with a 9" barrel. I've also got an AAC brake on it. The best word I can think of to describe the muzzle blast is obnoxiuos. It's extremely loud and you definitely feel the blast/pressure.

With that said, the recoil is damn near zero on my xcr with this setup. It may sound like hyperbole but it seriously feels like a 22. I went to the range last week and shot a few different 223s side by side. 16" AR, 16" Tavor and the XCR. The AR and Tavor are by no means heavy recoil but there is a distinct rise to the right and a little more push with both. The XCR moves very little. So much so that I have to tell myself not to lean into it. It's difficult to describe, but I giggle each time when I feel (or don't) the recoil with this thing, despite the muzzle blast.

With a suppressor the recoil doesn't feel much different but I do get gas face. My brass is thrown to the 3 o'clock approx 40 feet on "S" with my suppressor.

Tech, the SDN-6 doesn't have titanium baffles, but it is built for 7.62 and is rated for use in 5.56 down to 7 1/2 inch 1/7 twist barrels. This was definitely a key factor in my purchasing decision. The Brakeout is also designed so that the brunt of the damaging forces exiting the barrel are absorbed by it before they reach the suppressor's baffles.

Naval, it may be hyperbole but I agree with you 100% about the recoil reduction in the XCR with this brake. I haven't had a chance to see how far the brass flies on "S" yet since I was indoors and had my brass-saver attached. I'll admit to forgetting to adjust the gas block to "S" for the first two rounds fired with the can mounted. That stung and did some serious damage to the buffer pad. Luckily I had a spare lying around. Have been meaning to order a few extras and spare parts kit anyway, PM me a price if you have any to offer.

Nice rig. That paperwork, cost of stamps, and long wait are too much.

thanks for the video.

Info on the brass catcher?
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Info on the brass catcher?
    It looks like a 3bucc.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." ~ Sir Winston Churchill after the Battle of Britain.

Here's a link.

AR Platform TBB SHORT FRAME-THROW LEVER MOUNT

Yes the price tag and name is cringe worthy. The owner however personally responded to several questions I had prior to making the purchase, and did so within minutes. For me the quality customer service and obvious pride that this Marine Corp veteran takes in his product makes it worth while.

Looks awesome! Pretty jealous how good that looks ;-) The whole forum inspires me. My wife hates you all btw.... =p

Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors