custom XCR-L long upper - Page 2
Like Tree11Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: custom XCR-L long upper

Hmmm...wonder how the new firing pin cleared the old style tube stock without the "notch" in it like the newer FASTs have? Maybe the key is shorter on the old tube folder somehow?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Did you notice any improvement in adjustability with the type 3?

do you have any marks on the stock adapter on the M from the firing pin hitting it? I had that issue on a fixed M4.

I misunderstood the question before. Yes my M has been cut as well as the tube stock to work with the bolt. As far as adjustability of the type 3, YES absolutly more adjustability. where my type 1 systems function onnumber 1 setting. My type 3's funcion on 3 or 4. lighter weight and cleaner looking in my opinion. I will be shooting my 1st 3 gun of the year with the competition upper on Saturday. 4 of the Team Robinsdon Members just shot a match on Wednesday and Team Robinson took 3 out of the top 5 places. That was against some of the best in the world. Many Pro shooters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Any thoughts on RA dumping the "type 2" block and just rolling the with 3 from here on out?
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 02-19-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Does the Type 3 block take the same piston as the Type 1, or do you have to change it out?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Does the Type 3 block take the same piston as the Type 1, or do you have to change it out?
    I mistyped Sean. I meant the Type 2(5 position). I've heard they use the same piston head.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I mistyped Sean. I meant the Type 2(5 position). I've heard they use the same piston head.
    LOL....I knew what you meant and mistyped it too.

Nope, they don't use the same head.
    When I changed my original gas system (on the 5th XCR-L to leave the factory, so it was the ORIGINAL type) to the "new tool-less style" when the type 2 came out, I had to change the piston head as well as the gas block.

That gas system was my first recommendation to Alex on what to change. It worked fine, unless you had to change it - which RARELY happened. I just didn't like having another wrench in my cleaning kit.

ETA: there's a difference between the type 2 gas block on a type 2 barrel, and a type 2 gas block for a type 1 barrel - I'm GUESSING it's a matter of gas port diameter. I had to have one of the 'special' ones.
    Last edited by Bravo; 02-19-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Nope, they don't use the same head.
    When I changed my original gas system (on the 5th XCR-L to leave the factory, so it was the ORIGINAL type) to the "new tool-less style" when the type 2 came out, I had to change the piston head as well as the gas block.

That gas system was my first recommendation to Alex on what to change. It worked fine, unless you had to change it - which RARELY happened. I just didn't like having another wrench in my cleaning kit.

ETA: there's a difference between the type 2 gas block on a type 2 barrel, and a type 2 gas block for a type 1 barrel - I'm GUESSING it's a matter of gas port diameter. I had to have one of the 'special' ones.

Ya, both me and Nate meant the type 2 and type 3; not the type 1. I think from what Nate said the Type 2 piston works in the Type 3 gas block.

Ah! Multiple typos and multiple misunderstandings - including mine!
    I can check that this evening - the fit I mean, taking measurements.
    Hmmm. I could probably pull the type 3 off the Blackout and see if it'd run on the type 2 5.56 barrel.
    That'd mean I had to pull can mounts though.....
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors