XCR Pistol Vs. SBR Pics....
Like Tree4Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCR Pistol Vs. SBR Pics....

XCR Pistol Vs. SBR Pics....

Finally got around to installing the new AR adapter Nate graciously sold me (I think he had it planned for one of his own guns, so a big THANK YOU to Nate!)

Here are some pics....the top one is a 8 5/16" bbl mini KM upper on a registered NFA lower. Bottom is a 10.5" bbl regular KM upper with a lower I bought as a spare and never mounted an upper to. I'd been wanting a pistol XCR for a while to be able to travel without the permission slip and totally forgot about this lower I had lying around. Didn't particularly like the new bolt/buffer arrangement and couldn't find used XCR pistols in the configuration I wanted. Like a total dumbass....it hadn't occurred to me that I just needed an adapter. Contacted Nate and less than a week later, problem solved. That was months ago, but now that it's installed (I still plan to do a few things to affix the Blade better), I'm super happy with it.

I tried it on the shorter bbl'd mini upper....oddly enough, it didn't look as proportional..... The lines, IMO, flow pretty nicely from the lower to the adapter to the Blade, but the longer bbl'd regular length upper just looked a little nicer.

Anyway...here's the pics for any of us contemplating a pistol XCR.

XCR Pistol Vs. SBR Pics....-cam00530.jpg

***EDIT***Oh, and LOP is about the same by the time you add the adapter with the Blade as the 2nd position on the factory FAST....not sure you can tell from the pic (and that's with the Blade pushed all the way forward.)

The only major downside I see to this set up is that you don't have a folder....but that's not that big a deal to me. I doubt I'd like a folding mechanism anyway with an AR buffer tube due to the thickness. Had one for an AK at one point and took it off as it was just too thick when folded. ***
    Last edited by Sean K.; 09-12-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    fmunk and TexasChris like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

those KM upper look really good. makes me want a pistol now. those look very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmwd View Post
    those KM upper look really good. makes me want a pistol now. those look very nice.
    I think we found that it only shaves something like 4 or 8 oz. off the weight....but for some reason it feels a lot lighter (both of the above left RA as picatinny railed uppers). I swapped them over and believe it or not, there was a little break in required to get them running 100% in their new uppers. Not much....a few mags. Had probably 2-3 hiccups (FTEject fully from the ejection port) in the firs 3 mags on each one. The KM upper definitely is more svelte feeling.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

If you get Gearhead Works' Tailhook brace, I'd love to hear what you think. I have their muzzle shroud for my KSG and love it. High quality product.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    If you get Gearhead Works' Tailhook brace, I'd love to hear what you think. I have their muzzle shroud for my KSG and love it. High quality product.
    I have the tailhook mod 1 on my Scorpion EVO....solid piece of kit....sux compared to the real CZ buttstock, but as far as braces go, it's pretty nice looking on the EVO....just a little longer than the factory stock. The mod 2 looks to be a good set up as well, if you're worried about rotation, but at $200....I'm not sure it's worth it. IMO, the mod 2 would look better on the XCR pistol than the mod 1 would....but it's not enough of a difference over what I have now with the Blade for it to warrant me buying the Tailhook2 for it.
    fmunk likes this.

I'm under the impression that in order to travel with an SBR all you are required to do is inform the atf via letter that you are doing just that. Weather they read it or receive the letter in a timely fashion is of no concern, only the fact you made the attempt is all that matters. At least that's my understanding of the law. Do you require permission now?

I do like the look of the pistol now and the $200 savings is very attractive. Have you shot the blade version yet? Is it controllable? Not that recoil is significant, but the extra point of contact is always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    I'm under the impression that in order to travel with an SBR all you are required to do is inform the atf via letter that you are doing just that. Weather they read it or receive the letter in a timely fashion is of no concern, only the fact you made the attempt is all that matters. At least that's my understanding of the law. Do you require permission now?

I do like the look of the pistol now and the $200 savings is very attractive. Have you shot the blade version yet? Is it controllable? Not that recoil is significant, but the extra point of contact is always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I recall, you have to have the approval letter, give them the address where you're staying, etc....it's about a month long process. You can't take a spur of the moment trip for that reason.

There is effectively no difference between a Blade and a stock on a 5.56 or x39 round, IMO. Ya, the Blade isn't as comfortable, but if you have a little bit of musculature to your upper chest and shoulder area....it doesn't feel really any different. Now, place it on your collar bone and ya....it's not going to feel great, but I don't shoot off my collar bone anyway.

Very cool. Both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8santini View Post
    Very cool. Both of them.
    Thanks....

Just realized I have enough spare parts to build another upper (mini or stnd)....but if I do the mini, I need to get a gas tube. I'm on the fence about keeping the 7.62x39 16" bbl (stnd gas system) and 10" bbl (for a mini). My mags seemed to work just fine, but frankly, the mag just looks ridiculous. Wish someone actually manufactured a 20 rounder that didn't look so goofy.

here's my humble contribution. XCR pistol in 7.62 x 39, 10" bbl. Bought back in 2010, finally got around to finishing it.
    Merlin likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors