SBR XCR First Outing! Photos and Mini Range Report.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBR XCR First Outing! Photos and Mini Range Report.

SBR XCR First Outing! Photos and Mini Range Report.

Well,

I took my new Baby out for it's first outing today. What can I say.................... Wow! It's even better than I imagined it would be.

I took some photos for you all to share. This is my Baby, just sitting there waiting for some action:

Taking these photos I was getting excited! The business end of my Baby. Not the end you wanna be looking at, if ya can see me when that light is on!

My Baby from the other side:

My first 4 shots were fired from about 50 yards, and was low about 9 inches and right about 4". A slight adjustment and my next 3 shots were on center and about 8" low from POA. Another slight adjustment and I was on center and about 4" low of POA. Not bad at that distance for a rifle set up for CQB.

These shots were a combination of 50 yard shots (low ones) and the last 8 shots at 75 yard aiming center head.

These next shots were taken at about 75 yards onto another target standing. POA was center head and center mass. The results speak for themselves:

The last photo I thought I would throw in. I set up a sheet to catch the brass. All empties landed on the sheet. I was impressed!

All in all, shot about 100 rounds (I had some fun at the end!) using Federal American Eagle 55gr. Flat based HP. The trigger was great! Crisp break and it felt around 7 to 8 lb pull and it will only get better. Thanks Chuck at RobArms, you did a wonderful job with my Baby!

Summary:

On gas setting 4 I had: Fail to feed issues = None! Fail to eject issues = None! Customer satisfaction = 100% and the Aimpoint M4 = Fantastic!
    O.S.O.K.

Re: SBR XCR First Outing! Photos and Mini Range Report.

That is some HOT shizznit there. Nice SBR.
    "Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

Very nice setup Roy!! Thanks for the great pics and range report. 8)
    "No one knows what it's like to be the badman..."-The Who

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Now don't get him started... :

That is indeed a nice setup Roy. You are very fortunate, and it looks like it was worth the wait!
    Certified SIG SAUER Armorer

Wow, nice rifle and pics. I like.

Hey Roy, Looks VERY nice. Another cold and very windy day for me...... hence, no trigger time on my 6.8 today.
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

Roy, is that the 12" barrel? It sure looks like it could stand to loose another inch. I guess I will call them and get the scoop why it should be that length. I still want to cut about 4 rows of rails of the upper and make it the PDW but I can wait for Robarm to come out with it.

BTW, it does look very nice. I need to get off my broke but and go see the sheriff for a signature.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

aziator,

Yes that is a 12" barrel. Iasked if they could chop it to 11 and they stated that they would only be confortable with the 12" barrel. I didn't press the issue, they said it was something to do with the gas system? Perhaps there would be a reduced pressue in the barrel if another inch was chopped off, but I knwo prizm's SBR XCR is an 11" but that was done after factory???

I'm happy with it, perhaps when I get the short barrel for the 7.62 x 39 I might be able to talk them into an 11" because it would have more pressure?? ;D

It shoots very, very well for the length barrel and has nice tight groups for me. I consider myself a combat style shooter and I'm not into putting 10 rounds into the same whole. My reasoning, why devistate the same organ more than once when there's lot more just next door : Thanks for the positive comments guys.
    O.S.O.K.

Nice report. My computerized calibrated technosavy finger also tells me the pull is about 8lbs. I am hoping it gets better. Right now my XCR feels like a DAO (double action only) Sig.

Eric,

I have worked with RobArm and I am trying their trigger mod where they insert a set screw into the same hole that the grip screw is screwed into. This is something like our friend Bill does, but not to the same extent. It reduces the trigger travel, and takes out "most" of the two stage trigger. It has left me with more like a "Glock" trigger than a DAO Sig trigger. I am quite pleased with it and hopefully it should get better still.

I will find out more information on the mod. and post it if you like.
    O.S.O.K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors