My new DSA FAL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new DSA FAL

My new DSA FAL

Here's some quick pictures of my new DSA FAL. It's a SA58PCONG, a Para Congo with extreme duty extended scope mount, full length rail interface handguards, SAW grips, and NP3 internals. The Duracoat covers all the accessory parts and it looks great! Sorry about the pictures - my camera died and I'm using my wife's at home.

This close up shows the NP3 coated controls standing out nicely from the black Duracoat.

Here's the other side.

Close up of the handguard with a foregrip I found at a gun show.

Re: My new DSA FAL

Nice! I'm thinking of getting an FAL as well since it may be a long time before there is a XCR Heavy in .308.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

Very nice; I have a couple of DSA rifles and can never envision parting with them. If they make an XCR heavy, I sure hope it takes FAL mags, since thats what I've got.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Nice FAL. DS Arms does a nice job. Just wait till you see an XCR-M in .308 BTW, the M stands for Medium

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
    Manager

I have always wanted a .308 rifle. I can appreciate M1As and FALs and always thought about getting one. However, I like the XCR platform so much that I decided to wait for it in .308.

Alex, M stands for money, which is what you will be getting instead of DSA, thanks!

If I knew about the .308 XCR-M I might have waited. As it was, I ordered the FAL back in January. But there may still be a 7.62x39 or 6.5 in my future.

Mr. Alex,

Do you have any sneak preview photos you might like to share with us here on "Your" forum? I know all who visit here would really appreciate them, and it wouldn't hurt potential sales either. I know I'm in for one when they are released.

By the way, when do you think they will be released? hehehehehehe (You don't get unless you ask! ;D)

Thanks,

Roy
    O.S.O.K.

Jack A Sol

Quote Originally Posted by kolob View Post
    BTW, the M stands for Medium

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
    Manager
    Hmmm, medium huh? lol. I cant wait to see -L 300 winmag maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack A Sol View Post
    Hmmm, medium huh? lol. I cant wait to see -L 300 winmag maybe?
    The L in XCR-L stands for Light, this is the one that currently exists.
    The M in XCR-M stands for Medium, this is the one that might soon exist.
    The H in XCR-H stands for Heavy, this is speculation.

Looks to me like the 300 Winchester Magnum is closer in size to the .308 than a .50_BMG (which is a guess for what the XCR-H will be), so I would guess that if there ever is going to be a conversion kit for 300 Winmag it'll be for the XCR-M?

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

I think the XCR-H will most likely be for the larger rounds like 300 Win Mag as the case length is actually quite a bit longer than the .308 which is the XCR-M.

I think for .50 cal, the best designation would be XCR-W or XCR-X (XCR-WOW! or XCR-eXtreme!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors