AK variant picture thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AK variant picture thread

AK variant picture thread

Since I'm sure that there are many people on the forum who own an AK variant or three, I thought it would be a hoot to start a pic thread. If you've got an AK variant and don't mind showing it off, feel free to post a pic or two here.

Please ignore my big toe in the top pic. I'm also well aware that the safety is off so please, no safety lectures
    Semper Fidelis

Re: AK variant picture thread

12 gauge:

My Lancaster has come a long way since I got it.I bought this rifle to use and I can't help making a firearm mine when I get it.I mean who doesn't change something about a gun when they get it,unless it's an all original classic something-or-other.Here is what it looked like when I got it.By the way,I know some of you will cringe,but I rarely ever use the safety on an AK.I don't load the chamber till I'm ready to go,and the magazine usually is empty when I'm done. ;D

Attached Images Attached Images
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I since done a few "modifications" to it.Some will say it hard to modernize an old warhorse,but I feel like anything can be improved.I've went through several optics mounts which were less than great.I even had a Russian mount which cracked! Hell the Leapers mount I used for awhile was better than that.I think the problem was/is the side mount I was using.It just didn't seem very sturdy to me and I fought a wondering zero.That problem ended when I got the Texas Weapons Systems mount. http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/ This system is sweet,it replaces the rear sight and uses a block mounted to the rear stock screw that latches the rail over the dust cover.You can also get a peep sight that replaces the rear you lose by mounting this setup.This rear sight gives you a longer radius and pretty much kicks ass.It also folds down.Some people say an AK is not accurate enough for optics,but my vision isn't the best and it helps to have a little magnification,second this is still a much better way to mount a red dot because it's not sitting above the gas tube on the railed forend which can cook it.
    The stock is an ACE "entry" skeleton folder,which in my opinion is a miles above the factory wood.You can set it up to fold either way and it locks up like a bank vault.It's also sturdy enough to bash doors or heads,pick your flavor.I wanted a rail system for the forend and I decided to try the UTG one.For the price it's function is perfect.Honestly for $60 bucks you can't beat it.There are others out there,but at twice the price I don't see what they can do this one doesn't,besides empty your wallet.The forend is now more comfortable (with covers of course) and will not overheat as bad as the wood does.Also the aluminum tends to act as a heat sink pulling it away from the barrel,and believe it or not doesn't get smoking hot unless you really hammer some lead through it quickly.A cheap but very comfortable Israeli made grip (from CDNN) beats hell out of the original fudgesicle ones,damn I hate those things.I think I'm going to get the Hogue grip that was recently released though.The PWS brake/flash hider help muzzle rise for faster follow ups.I like it but not sure if it's worth the money.I'm still debating on a light for it.I have something temporary on it now,but I want something smaller and higher quality.One last thing,I added a black jack buffers mag release extension to it.Now I can drop a magazine with my trigger finger while my weak hand is going for a fresh mag.It's inexpensive and simple,and it works.
    It looks a lot different now,but for me,the function is much more friendly and it does everything I ask of it....each and every time just like an AK should!

Attached Images Attached Images
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I think we need a section on the forum for "other" firearms.In other words a non-XCR related place to start topics or pictures threads.With that said....GUYS get off your asses and lets see some AK pics! I know they're here so smoke em' if you got em'!

Here are some of my AK "variants". >

My Saiga12 conversions:

Mak-90 Milled receiver from the PolyTech "386" plant. I have a new Walnut stock set with "fatboy" PG from Ironwood Designs, ready to go on this baby. This is the most accurate AK-47 I've ever fired. 8)

On the novelty side of things-AK-47 Bullpup:

STG 2000C:

Yugo M70 AB Underfolder:

Saiga .308:

Old reliable. My first-Rom AK:

"No one knows what it's like to be the badman..."-The Who

Nice collection Badman, how does that bullpup work out?
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Cid1911 View Post
    Nice collection Badman, how does that bullpup work out?
    The bullpup is awesome and fun, except for the hard trigger of course. Those who are sensitive and in the know about good triggers would probably say that it has an awful trigger, but not so bad that it bothers me. It's fairly accurate out to 100 yds. At least AK accurate. But then I never expected it to be a long range sniper rifle.

I'm glad I added it to the collection. It would make a mean CQB weapon in a time of need. The mag changes are slow and clumsy, but if you had a need for that particular weapon, 30 rounds would probably get you where you needed to be anyway. 8)

Maybe a 75 round drum would work >
    Semper Fidelis

You can lock a drum in, but it's a little on the bulky side to reach around when firing.

Still, all in all it's a fun weapon that works. >

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors