Gem Tech G5 on my XCR
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem Tech G5 on my XCR

Gem Tech G5 on my XCR

I will try to figure out a way to post the videos, okay? :duh:

The weekend before last Robert from Talon Arms let me try out a Gem Tech G5 on my XCR. We were using Winchester 5.56mm 62gr FMJ, I don't remember the part number. We fired 10 rounds at the "S" setting to get an idea of what it sounded like suppressed, everyone was impressed. It sounded something like a .22LR. We then attempted to fire 10 rounds after removing the can as a comparison, but forgot to return the setting to "4." We kept getting double feeds and failures to extract, until I figured out what I was doing wrong, then it ran great. Once again, operator error.

Robert then let me try out some subsonic 5.56mm, everyone was really impressed, to make a comparison the XCR and G5 together with the subsonic ammo sounded as if you moderately clapped your hands together. Very, very quiet! So now I'm in the process of creating a trust and my first purchases will be for a Gem Tech G5, a Walther P22 along with an unknown type of suppressor. And very soon a XCR SBR.

Okay, a two shout outs. Mitsy Barajas has done a fantastic job of creating my trust and revising my will. I will warn you though, you will get what you pay for. Robert from Talon Arms is a great guy and I can't wait until he starts selling XCR's. I believe he's learning about this weapon system why we are such fans of it, multi-caliber, designed for use with a suppressor, and enough real estate to put darn near every scope, light, laser, phaser, taser that you could possibly want. So if you live in the Houston, Texas area give them both a call, and tell them Cruzzer sent you.

http://www.nfa-trusts.com/
    http://talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php
    "I get knocked down but I get up again, they're never going to keep me down!"

DSM

Re: Gem Tech G5 on my XCR

Did that sub-sonic ammo cycle the action?
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

The subsonic ammo that we used did not, but I was informed that there is some subsonic that will. I'm not sure how much I would purchase, as I was told that it is around $3.00 a pop. Sixty dollars for twenty rounds? that's a little steep for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Peanut Buttah Jelly Time!
    Resident Forum Slut

I'm thinking Wal-Mart brand Macaroni & Cheese, cause Kraft Mac & Cheese is too expensive. Or maybe FEMA MRE handouts?

Time line

10-30-08 USPS Priority Mailed my forms to BATFE.

11-04-08 BATFE cashed my check. COME ON BIG MAC! WIN THE WHITEHOUSE!

Try this site first:

http://www.silencertests.com/

Then talk to folks that own cans...

I have an AAC M4-2000 and AAC Ranger. I like 'em both VERY much.

Aussie has a Gemtech - on an SBR XCR (11"), but we have yet to get together to compare them...

I have an SBR AR15 (LMT) and a standard 16" RRA Entry Tactical.

Shop around... you'll find what you like! ;D

Oh, and I highly recommend submitting a trust... :2cents:
    Certified SIG SAUER Armorer

DSM

The few Gemtechs that've blown were on full-autos and were being shot to sh!t. You should be fine.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Well guys, just to hedge my bets I've just ran my card again and purchased an AAC M4-2000. I'm sending the paperwork to BATFE tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to celebrate President Obama's inauguration :duh: by testing both cans at the same time. I've heard that they are both good cans, so I'll be able to find out for myself. ;D

I'm also expecting a check from Uncle Sam, and if it comes in the next few days that cash is going to a 7.62 can. Any recommendations for a USMC M-40A1 and double duty on a SOCOM M1A?

This is the guy who made my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

http://texasbrigadearmory.com/m40a1.htm

Trust route was the way that I went. If you live near Houston I recommend my attorney Mitsy. Not only is she cute as a button, she's a serious "firearms enthusiast".

http://nfa-trusts.com/

Semper Fi!

Cruzzer

I will be ordering a 762SD. After hearing it I have to have one. You may be able to send the rifle to Tornado tech and have them cut/rethread the barrel.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors