point of impact shift w/ light barrel?

Thread: point of impact shift w/ light barrel?

point of impact shift w/ light barrel?

Trying to decide which barrel profile to go with on a potential 16" XCR purchase.

I have an AAC M42k, that I've used on dozens of different rifles, mostly AR's........even an XCR many rifles/years ago.

Am wondering if anyone has experienced any point of impact shifts when using a can on the light barrel xcr or even with the heavy barrel?

Some of the rifles I've ran it on had no poi changes whatsoever(even with prolonged firing), others did and some string out shots with warmth......seems different in each individual case.

I think I might like the light profile for 3-gun/match type use, but often find myself shooting steel at longer ranges where the lighter barrel may be a hinderance.

DSM

Re: point of impact shift w/ light barrel?

You know, I never really paid attention to mine (M41K). Whenever I shoot with the can it's usually just plinking around at the range. I was always able to hit the steel on the 200yd line so I never worried about it. That might be something to put on the agenda for the next range trip...
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Re: point of impact shift w/ light barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by rc2125 View Post
    Trying to decide which barrel profile to go with on a potential 16" XCR purchase.

I have an AAC M42k, that I've used on dozens of different rifles, mostly AR's........even an XCR many rifles/years ago.

Am wondering if anyone has experienced any point of impact shifts when using a can on the light barrel xcr or even with the heavy barrel?

Some of the rifles I've ran it on had no poi changes whatsoever(even with prolonged firing), others did and some string out shots with warmth......seems different in each individual case.

I think I might like the light profile for 3-gun/match type use, but often find myself shooting steel at longer ranges where the lighter barrel may be a hinderance.

I have shot and do shoot the light barrels (16" & 12.5') in 3 gun competition. You will get more deflection with a can on the light barrel but I think it's negligible.
    On my Jesus rifle Trijicon scope, John 12:46 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
    *update* the latest ACOG's we received have the damn biblical passage removed.
    I say Trijicon kicks ass and should continue the practice of placing biblical passages on all scopes!!!

Sponsors