6.5 Update from Alex 9/18/2008 - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Update from Alex 9/18/2008

Re: 6.5 Update from Alex 9/18/2008

The 6.5x45 seems to be the ticket.It makes perfect sense.Easy conversion with no proprietary magazine,not as much r&d to get up and running,kits,er barrels would be more affordable.What's not to like?
    One more thought,why the hell would you want a 45/70 in a semi-auto.I understand wanting the thump,but why not try the 450. Bushmaster or 458. Soccom.The problems with getting that old fart to feed properly with that case rim wouldn't be worth the aggravation.Besides you would have to do it in the XCR-H I would think due to case length.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Thanks for the update Alex

Alex, good update. I look forward to the coming months and the things coming out of SLC.

I for one want to see the new stock (possibly available in other colors than Black) trigger and the .308.

i would buy a .22 and a 45ACP tomorrow.

Yes, all these other cartridges sound nice but for me, i don't need that many different choices.

Terra/Lex, recommend we start a new thread under a different board to discuss future calibers and parts.

Also, PDW. I would buy just about any mainstream caliber in a PDW (7 inch barrel). 9mm, 45APC, 5.56, 6.8SPC. Bring them on, I would take any PDW.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Maybe instead of developing the 6.5x39, RA should switch to the 6.5x45. Is there a licensing issue with the 6.5x45? I'd change my conversion kit order from 6.5x35 to 6.5x45 if both were offered.

Crashy
    GEGag100 likes this.

The 6.5x45 has alot of very cool potential.We all need to petition the ammo makers to get on board.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I hope he is going to announce that the stock is done, next week.

My curiosity is peaked on that one as well.I just hope it isn't too damn pricey.

I'd cancel my 6.5 Grendel for a 6.5 Creedmoor kit (match grade please). ;D
    98% of the world is made up of sheep. The other 2% is divided among wolves and sheep dogs. Both are motivated to kill. The difference is, the sheep dog does it to protect the flock.

SUPPORT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    PLEASE DONATE!

You do realize that the 6.5 Creedmore is based on the .308 case and would require the XCR-M because of the cartridge length?

Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    You do realize that the 6.5 Creedmore is based on the .308 case and would require the XCR-M because of the cartridge length?
    Good point. :duh: I'll keep my 6.5 Grendel XCR-L order and take a 6.5 Creedmoor XCR-M too. If that DPMS Panther 6.5 Creedmoor weren't so ugly I'd seriously think about getting one of them now....so many options, so little money....and days before November.

No offense to the DPMS owners out there but I think this Panther 6.5 Creedmoor is pretty ugly.
    98% of the world is made up of sheep. The other 2% is divided among wolves and sheep dogs. Both are motivated to kill. The difference is, the sheep dog does it to protect the flock.

SUPPORT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    PLEASE DONATE!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsors