Hows the testing going?
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hows the testing going?

Hows the testing going?

Terra,

The 6.5 project was taken off hold a month ago. How's the testing going?

Re: Hows the testing going?

best to ask Alex. he's the r and d @ robarm.com.
    Resident Forum Slut

Quote Originally Posted by TerraShrewsbury View Post
    best to ask Alex. he's the r and d @ robarm.com.
    Not to sound disrespectful, but clear back in 07 we were told:

7 Oct 07:

"The XCR 6.5 conversion works very well. XCR. Please let us know what barrel length you would like [email protected]. We tested both 16" and 18.6". Both worked well and were accurate."

It's been quite some time since then, and very little information has been distributed about this conversion. I'm sure most people have moved on who would have been interested in this caliber. All we're asking for is some reliable information on what the current status is/when we can expect the 6.5, or *if* we can expect the 6.5. We all understand the difficulties involved (they've been expressed many times) and certainly understand the current situation when it comes to supply of just about anything firearm-related. I have been attempting to be patient about this topic, but it has gotten a bit silly, now. It's forum posts like this one: https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,3433.0.html which bother me (and others, I'm quite sure). Then, we get told (in the same thread) things will improve, which really sounds great. I'd like to see that improvement, over here in the 6.5 forum!

An honest and reliable update would go a long way towards keeping your consumer base. I probably would have purchased a 5.56 some time ago if I had been told the 6.5 was going to be delayed indefinitely. However, with the lack of information/invalid information/run around when it even comes to getting information, how is one supposed to feel comfortable placing an order for a fair amount of coin on a product from the same company?

There are more than a few interested in this caliber (or at least - were), and having each of us individually contact via phone/email Alex sounds like a good way to overwhelm Alex with unnecessary work, and also prevent some of the interested people from seeing the information available. Why not just post an update here? Ten minutes spent writing an update and having it posted on the forum shouldn't impact on the daily schedule.

I'd have written this and sent it directory to Alex/Terra, but it's information that a lot of people are interested in knowing. If the 6.5 isn't going to happen, just say so. If it's going to be at least another year, let us know. If it *really* will be out in the next few months, then let us know that. Give us some kind of realistic idea of what we should expect, so we can make our decisions now, instead of putting them on interminable hold.

Thanks, and still a fan (but a bit disappointed),
    David

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Is this forum being ignored now? I would have expected, at least, a no. Non-communication is not the way to run a business. Terra, you've been great at communication with the community, why all the hush-hush with 6.5? If it's not going to happen, or if it's years away, just tell us.

I don't think your being ignored on purpose,sometimes posts just get missed.Terra takes a lot of her personal time (unpaid) to post help and information here.I think there should be an update regarding the 6.5 as well.I'm not interested in one for myself,but it has been some time since the last update.The last I heard was that they were going to try one more time to make it work.I have a feeling it has been sidelined because of the PDW and the XCR-M,but since a significant amount of time has went by a factory update is in order in my opinion.I mean no disrespect to anyone either,but I hate to see any customers be disenfranchised by a feeling of abandonment,which is not what anyone at Robinson wants to convey.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I can't tell you anything if they won't give me anything to tell you. They're kept me as much in the dark on the 6.5 as the rest of you. I'm sorry, I have nothing to offer.

ETA:

I bug them regularly for updates. That's all I can do.
    Resident Forum Slut

The Robinson Arms website was updated today and it says the project is on hold again. Check out the updates on the upcoming pistol, though!

Think about the number of .308's and PDW's they will sell, and the profit margin on those vs. the number of 6.5 kits they would sell... it is no wonder they are going to get the other new products out there first.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraShrewsbury View Post
    I can't tell you anything if they won't give me anything to tell you. They're kept me as much in the dark on the 6.5 as the rest of you. I'm sorry, I have nothing to offer.

ETA:

I bug them regularly for updates. That's all I can do.
    Thank you.

Ordered my 6.5 back in December 08, sent the FSC brake in shortly thereafter...

I know you guys and gals are extremely busy and I am sure you get tired of us asking but, any more news on the testing? I was really looking forward to hunting mule deer this year with the new toy to see how well the cartridge/rifle perform. My oldest daughter and I were both going to use it. Since that doesn't look like it is going to happen, can we get a little hint on how it is working out?
    Defensor Fortis

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsors