12.5ish Grendel Pistol.... - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: 12.5ish Grendel Pistol....

  1. #11
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,225
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    pics of the light/sight setup. The WML pictured. The X fits but protrudes another inch or so.
    Attachment 14690Attachment 14692
    Is that a AAC brake/flash hider? If so, do you know the model?

    I wish those MountainMan folding charging handles had Forward Assist (and they were still available). That looks really sharp on there and probably makes storage easier since you don't have the giant knob sticking out. Though to be honest, I don't know that I've ever had the bolt not go home on my XCRs when doing a chamber check.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  2. #12
    Newbie averageSantini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    7
    Thanks. I have an 18.6” (or whatever) barrel in a competition upper. Seemed like a good idea, but it’s just too heavy and long to be a handy hunting rifle. I plan to sbr it and have the barrel cut to 12-12.5”. May have the upper cut back vs trying to swap it for a shorter factory one.

  3. #13
    XCR Guru navalbeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Posts
    2,209
    It's a brakeout 2.0.

    I don't think about the handle until the regular ones start bumping into stuff and being in the way. The lack of FA hasn't been a problem for me so far and I really like the look.
    Sean K. likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    XCR Guru navalbeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by averageSantini View Post
    Thanks. I have an 18.6” (or whatever) barrel in a competition upper. Seemed like a good idea, but it’s just too heavy and long to be a handy hunting rifle. I plan to sbr it and have the barrel cut to 12-12.5”. May have the upper cut back vs trying to swap it for a shorter factory one.
    Not sure the return on investment is there to cut an upper. It'd be relatively spendy to not cut much weight. Barrel would be where I'd start. 18" heavy profile is a beast. Black keymod on your upper?

  6. #15
    Newbie averageSantini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    7
    It was black, but I cerakoted it patriot brown. If the upper isn’t too long for a 12.5” barrel with can, I won’t worry about cutting.

  7. #16
    XCR Guru navalbeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by averageSantini View Post
    It was black, but I cerakoted it patriot brown. If the upper isn’t too long for a 12.5” barrel with can, I won’t worry about cutting.
    Looking at RAs builder, 14.7 looks the shortest you could go before you hit the upper.

  8. #17
    Newbie averageSantini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    7
    Thank you sir. Now decisions to make. Also, I need to figure out how to quote in this forum. Lol.

  9. #18
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,225
    Quote Originally Posted by averageSantini View Post
    Thank you sir. Now decisions to make. Also, I need to figure out how to quote in this forum. Lol.
    Just hit the "Reply With Quote" button next to the reply one.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  10. #19
    Newbie Sgwlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by averageSantini View Post
    Thank you sir. Now decisions to make. Also, I need to figure out how to quote in this forum. Lol.
    Another option. Send that barrel off to ADCO and have the reprofile it to a light weight barrel.

    I have the 18.6 lightweight 6.5 barrel. Its a laser, and the rifle is very handy for hunting.

  11. #20
    XCR Guru navalbeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgwlower View Post
    Another option. Send that barrel off to ADCO and have the reprofile it to a light weight barrel.

    I have the 18.6 lightweight 6.5 barrel. Its a laser, and the rifle is very handy for hunting.
    I'd have to go back through some other threads but I thought someone posted ADCO wasn't doing xcr barrels anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •