12.5ish Grendel Pistol....
Like Tree12Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12.5ish Grendel Pistol....

12.5ish Grendel Pistol....

I've hit critical mass on my XCR collection recently. I've got just about every config I'm vaguely interested in. This is the latest. The barrel has been sitting for awhile and I finally got around to having a buddy chop my original(non stainless) 18" grendel barrel to about 12.5. He re-threaded it and even put on the taper that sig/q are using for their muzzle devices. I'm planning on running mostly the wolf 100gr through it. Will let you know how it goes.

12.5ish Grendel Pistol....-resized_20190606_221132.jpeg
    fmunk, cjt50, G2 and 1 others like this.

Nice! So, why the 12.5" bbl? I know Grendel usually likes longer bbls, but will it not function in something shorter or did you pick the length part b/c of the Type 2 gas block?

Also, I notice your rear sight is on backwards and I am thinking you do that to get the rear aperture the right distance from your eye without it folding down off the back of the receiver? Is that right?

Looks really nice.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Nice! So, why the 12.5" bbl? I know Grendel usually likes longer bbls, but will it not function in something shorter or did you pick the length part b/c of the Type 2 gas block?

Also, I notice your rear sight is on backwards and I am thinking you do that to get the rear aperture the right distance from your eye without it folding down off the back of the receiver? Is that right?

Looks really nice.
    Chopped the 18 because I wasn't getting great accuracy out of it. I've already got a 16, so 12ish it was. I didn't measure so I swagged the length for the type 2 clearance for three guy doing the cut. I was thinking the type 2 with the can because they've been relatively less gassed than the 1 and 3. We'll see how this goes but may try a type 3.

Correct on the rear sight. I've reversed some of my fronts for similar space issues. I like the magpul offset mount on the top rail with a wml on it. Reversing the front lets it all play nice. I've got a couple other small things to do but the black fixed mount and sba3 are placed holders for now

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Chopped the 18 because I wasn't getting great accuracy out of it. I've already got a 16, so 12ish it was. I didn't measure so I swagged the length for the type 2 clearance for three guy doing the cut. I was thinking the type 2 with the can because they've been relatively less gassed than the 1 and 3. We'll see how this goes but may try a type 3.

Correct on the rear sight. I've reversed some of my fronts for similar space issues. I like the magpul offset mount on the top rail with a wml on it. Reversing the front lets it all play nice. I've got a couple other small things to do but the black fixed mount and sba3 are placed holders for now
    WML= weapon mounted light, right?

Like I said, looks great. Are you planning a folder? If so, what kind...RA with an AR buffer tube, FAST/Tailhook, or something else?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    WML= weapon mounted light, right?

Like I said, looks great. Are you planning a folder? If so, what kind...RA with an AR buffer tube, FAST/Tailhook, or something else?
    InForce WML (or the brighter WMLx) . They are nice, just a bit behind everyone else on the latest and brightest LEDs.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Inforce WML. Not the brightest but the price is good and I really line the form factor. Even without being the brightest, I think the 400 and 800 are plenty unless you're doing a lot of outdoor/ long distance stuff. The wml is great in doors and the X is still plenty bright for outdoor.

Will end up with a folder at some point. I've got an RA M4 fde folder that may get moved. Maybe the new AR adapter(for the height) with a folding mount(hera or SB)
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 06-07-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    fmunk and Sean K. like this.

I have two of the older 400 lumen Haley Strategic branded WMLs. Very ergonomic. No remote switch or cable to snag on crap.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

pics of the light/sight setup. The WML pictured. The X fits but protrudes another inch or so.
    12.5ish Grendel Pistol....-resized_20190607_222503.jpeg12.5ish Grendel Pistol....-resized_20190607_222513.jpeg
    fmunk and TexasChris like this.

Is that a standard length upper?

Mini in the light/ sight pic. The grendel is in a standard upper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors