Grendel vs 12 ga. slug
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

  1. #1
    Expert jawara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    882

    Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Remington has these new slugs http://www.remington.com/products/am...sabot_slug.asp . So if you saw a elk or a bear at under 150 yards which would you rather have, 6.5 grendel or the slug?

  2. #2
    Expert TEXAS SOLFTAIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Central,Texas
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    6.5 grendel-----you would have more back up rounds than with a shotgun, for that pissed off bear.

  3. #3
    Expert jawara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    882

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    6.5 grendel-----you would have more back up rounds than with a shotgun, for that pissed off bear.
    Did you watch that video I linked up?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Expert TEXAS SOLFTAIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Central,Texas
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Now I did. Looks like a dam good round! But I still would want a 25 round mag over a 5 round shotgun, with an 800 lb. brown bear charging me. (if not put down on first round)

  6. #5
    XCR Guru gr8santini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,142

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    Now I did. Looks like a dam good round! But I still would want a 25 round mag over a 5 round shotgun, with an 800 lb. brown bear charging me. (if not put down on first round)
    What if it was a 20 round shotgun?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPaldzhOUM

  7. #6
    Marksman Fast Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    439

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Quote Originally Posted by jawara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    6.5 grendel-----you would have more back up rounds than with a shotgun, for that pissed off bear.
    Did you watch that video I linked up?
    Man, it sure kills gelatin better than a Grendel!

  8. #7
    Expert TEXAS SOLFTAIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Central,Texas
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    That might work!

  9. #8
    XCR Guru TomAiello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    5,687

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Gr8santini, do you have a rifled barrel on that Saiga? I'm not trying to be a smartass--I've got a very similar Saiga and I was wondering if it's possible to convert it into a slug gun.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

    ...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

  10. #9
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,830

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Gr8santini, do you have a rifled barrel on that Saiga? I'm not trying to be a smartass--I've got a very similar Saiga and I was wondering if it's possible to convert it into a slug gun.
    I do not think that there is currently a rifled barrel available for the SAIGAs.

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  11. #10
    XCR Guru gr8santini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,142

    Re: Grendel vs 12 ga. slug

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Gr8santini, do you have a rifled barrel on that Saiga? I'm not trying to be a smartass--I've got a very similar Saiga and I was wondering if it's possible to convert it into a slug gun.
    Sorry for the late reply. That's not me in the video. To my knowledge there aren't any rifled barrels available for Saigas right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 6.5 Grendel news
    By stanc in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 01:19 PM
  2. 6.5 Grendel Bug....
    By gunner69 in forum 6.5x39mm
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:47 PM
  3. 6.5 Grendel Project.....
    By gunner69 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
  4. 6.5 Grendel mags in XCR
    By Scorch05 in forum 7.62x39mm
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
  5. Grendel Release?
    By mcm in forum 6.5x39mm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 11:20 PM