Another 6.5 option appears
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another 6.5 option appears

Another 6.5 option appears

http://www.lesbaer.com/264LBCAR.html

Oh, plus they are also offering 6x45.

Re: Another 6.5 option appears

Yeah I read that too. For 300, yards and under, the 6x45 is hard to beat. It is also SIMPLE to reload making it a nice caliber. Their .264 is ALMOST the same as the 6.5 Grendle as it will chamber and fire safely in a 6.5 Grendel. It seems like Les and Bill Alexander must have had a falling out???
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

I found this link to 6X45 load data that looks promising...

http://buckammo.com/Images/6x45_loaddata_1_1.pdf

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Speaking of the 6x45,is there any chance in hell we might see a barrel by next hunting season?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Who has dies for it?
    You are either moving forward, or backwards. Their is no neutral in life.

I believe the 6x45 is the same as the 6mm-223, in which case Hornady makes those dies.

I believe the 6x45 is the same as the 6mm-223, in which case Hornady makes those dies.
    http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/w6x45mm.html

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I for one would like to know how this round would perform on deer? With either 16 or 18.6-20 inch barrels.
    You are either moving forward, or backwards. Their is no neutral in life.

I for one would like to know how this round would perform on deer? With either 16 or 18.6-20 inch barrels.
    As with any round,shot placement is key.In my opinion though it should be excellent medicine for medium size game.I've seen the 7.62x39 do some nasty things to whitetails.I'm not advocating doing this,but in some cull hunts we've had locally a .22 Hornet can be extremely surprising and lethal.Think of the 6x45/6mm-223 as a 243 light.Speaking of that a friend of mine has a .243 handy rifle for his son,for some reason (I suppose the extremely light weight) it kicks worse than some 30 cals I've fired.So he has downloaded some .243 rounds for him to use and they kill Bambi with boring regularity using them.Using 90-100 grain well constructed bullets it should be fine deer medicine. ;D

I have been shooting the 6mm/.223 (5x45) since the Navy & Air Force tested it in the '60s. It has killed many deer in a humane manner if I did my job. If the groups weren't good the benchrest folks would not have used it for one of their choices for years. It is easy and cheap to make and a great choice for women and teens as it is not a "flinch maker." Robinson should have jumped on this one a long time ago. Hell they could have made up 100 barrels or so at a go. I will bet they would sell out fast.
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors