Information
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information

Information

From the mouth of one of our testers:

Just wanted to let everyone to know that testing of the 6.5 XCR is moving along well. The current priority is the 308 XCR and it will most likely be available first. However, we are working on the 6.5 and are excited to be adding this cartridge to the XCR lineup. Part of the testing process involves pressure testing and shooting the barrel and bolt combination to check for any type of failure or undue stress on the bolt. This just takes up a lot of time and when we reach 5000 rounds with no failure we feel the XCR is ready to go and you won't have any problems down the road. This is an important test, especially with all the problems the AR platform is having with cracked bolts.

In the ongoing effort to test the 6.5 this is one of the interesting things we have found. Notice in the photo towards the upper left corner in the far background you can see the 500 yard range. While shooting the 6.5 XCR we had to use the 400 yard hash mark in the Trijicon TA01NSN with the 223 ballistic reticle to hit rocks at 500 yards. This means the 6.5 bullet requires 100 yards less elevation than the 5.56 bullet does at 500 yards. I know a ballistic chart does not support this, and I'm not sure why this is but I'm simply reporting what I have found. This is using a 100 zero and for it to be a fair comparison we should shoot the 5.56 with the same scope but the 5.56 is not much fun after shooting the 6.5 in an XCR. This was using the Hornady 123 grain A-Max bullet and the velocity is just over 2,500 fps from an 18.6" barrel.

Thanks for all your patients guys. It's not like we just started this project and if all goes well the 6.5 XCR will be ready soon after the 308 XCR.

Edit: forgot pic
    Resident Forum Slut

Re: Information

Good to hear! I can't wait!

YESS!
    The Rules:
    1. Bring a gun, Preferably bring two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.
    2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, AKA Double Tap
    3. Only hits count, the only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss
    4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly
    If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun
    Rule of Unarmed Combat: Never be unarmed

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

sitting on brass and bullets
    can't wait / bring it on!
    I'm waiting in line for both of them
    ;D

Oh, Terra... You broke my heart with that news! I just called Cate today and had her change my 6.5 order to a 5.56 rifle :duh:

Well, I guess I have to start saving now for the conversion kit!

If I ask really nice, will you build my new 5.56? Pretty please?
    Defensor Fortis

Average forum user response judging by past inquiries for updates...

And when this thread is over, all that will be left is...

The above text may or may not represent the views of the XCR Forum, LurpyGeek, or various personalities contained therein. May not be reproduced without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a doctor before reading. May cause drowsiness, itching, apathy and vomiting. Do not resume sexual activity while operating heavy machinery. Thank you and good day.

What a crummy job it must be being a beta tester. I mean sitting out all day shooting free ammo. I'm sure glad no one ever asked me to do that. :'(

New products and options from Robarms is always good news, congratulations!

That stainless steel looking barrel looks purdy!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchoutforStobor View Post
    What a crummy job it must be being a beta tester. I mean sitting out all day shooting free ammo. I'm sure glad no one ever asked me to do that. :'(

New products and options from Robarms is always good news, congratulations!
    This is one of Steve's other crummy jobs. (he has several)
    A M16 is a fancy city girl, sexy as hell, but a bit moody. It's all good as long as you take her to the clubs and get what she asks. If you cross the? line, its over.

An AK is a naughty girl, all in latex and with a whip begging you to be naughty. The nastier you are the happier she is. Its clear that she wont dump you, you'll have to do that on your own.
    The XCR is the perfect blend of both. Sexy as hell but willing to let you beat her and filthy her up and then beg for more.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8santini View Post
    That stainless steel barrel looks purdy!
    I would guess that it's not stainless, but what do I know?
    The above text may or may not represent the views of the XCR Forum, LurpyGeek, or various personalities contained therein. May not be reproduced without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a doctor before reading. May cause drowsiness, itching, apathy and vomiting. Do not resume sexual activity while operating heavy machinery. Thank you and good day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors