Barrel threading on the 6.5???

Thread: Barrel threading on the 6.5???

Barrel threading on the 6.5???

im designing a new recoil compensator that i hope to intergrate into the 6.8, 7.62, and the 6.5 g rifle systems. the machine shop has my design for the 7.62 prototype w/ 14mmx1 rev thread. testing will start on that soon and do the fine tuning on that cal. i really want to build a 6.5 g model for the RA 6.5 grendal (if it ever comes out :crossedfingers now i know that the Alexander Arms barrels are threaded 3/4x 28. i looked into the Saber Defence 6.5g but could not find the info i wanted.
    my question is. will the RA barrel have the same threading (3/4 x 28)or a different one ???
    i would like to have a prototype built for testing when the RA 6.5 is finally : released and i get one of my own ;D.

DSM

Re: Barrel threading on the 6.5???

I don't know from nothing but I'd reckon the .30 cal thread of 5/8x24 would be used because it's common enough.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Alexander Arms chose two different barrel threads for their factory barrels.
    They are 3/4x28 or 9/16x24, also some early LW barrels and custom barrels
    are made with the more common 5/8x24.
    When ever you get a new Grendel barrel you just have to check what you have
    to be sure of the threads. I had all 3 sizes on barrels I have had.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Alexander Arms chose two different barrel threads for their factory barrels.
    They are 3/4x28 or 9/16x24, also some early LW barrels and custom barrels
    are made with the more common 5/8x24.
    When ever you get a new Grendel barrel you just have to check what you have
    to be sure of the threads. I had all 3 sizes on barrels I have had.
    woow. three different sizes huh? that seems a little inefficant.. :headscratch:
    i was going to make the 6.8 model w/ 5/8 x24 and most likely the 6.5 will have the same one.
    Mr. Robinson and his staff are smart people and would likely try to utilize the same barrel as the 6.8 if when rechambering the new chamber was strong enough to handle the pressures of grendel round. now if by rechambering they had to remove to much metal from the chamber wall it would naturally weaken the chamber walls and lower the pressure tolerences. this could make it nessisary for new a larger diameter barrel atleast in the chamber section. these are the factors that i dont know. ???
    now im not a big fan of Alexander arms there atempt to squeeze every penny out of the grendel are crippling the posibilities for it. i will give him credit for what hes done but if he would ease up on the grendel system he would make more money by volume by allowing an increase in popularity. soo im not going to do anything w/ or for AA. specificly. :P
    i like RA thay have good products and are constantly trying to improve them. there customer service is legendary. :tiphat:
    i have seen several reviews(my 6.8 xcr is about 3-4 weeks away) complaining that the XCR has a lot of muzzel climb even with 5.56 model. i think my recoil compinsator design will eliminate that and look cool doing it too. my primary calibers for a first run will be the 7.62 with 14mmx1 reverse thread for us ak47 owners. with the 6.8 w/ 5/8x24 for us 68xcr owners and if i can get conformation on a thread size from RA, 6.5 soon to follow
    thank you for the info i appreciate it. when the prototype has been tested and fine tuned i will post on the forum. DSM and babue PM me then and if your interested i will send you a free one. all i ask is some honest opinions on the product ie looks and function.
    thanks again :thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    i have seen several reviews(my 6.8 xcr is about 3-4 weeks away) complaining that the XCR has a lot of muzzel climb even with 5.56 model. i think my recoil compinsator design will eliminate that and look cool doing it too.
    Not sure where you heard this, I find that the muzzle climb is just about less than any other semi auto that I have fired.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    i have seen several reviews(my 6.8 xcr is about 3-4 weeks away) complaining that the XCR has a lot of muzzel climb even with 5.56 model. i think my recoil compinsator design will eliminate that and look cool doing it too.
    Not sure where you heard this, I find that the muzzle climb is just about less than any other semi auto that I have fired.
    +1
    I continually say my 6.8 is a kitten. I have less raise and recoil then any 5.56 stoner I have shot...

i believe it was the nuttin fancy XCR review

Not sure I would believe everything this guy says.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

FMJ

I have not fired the 6.8 but I can tell you the 5.56 has very little muzzle climb. The recoil impulse is more of a soft push, I think because of the long stroke vs the short stroke of the AR-15. You must have been smoking the bad stuff that day Nuttin.
    "When your sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty and dull, and people will think as much of its owner."
    Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure; The Book of the Samurai

Sponsors