XCR-M...What's the latest??? - Page 7
Like Tree19Likes
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: XCR-M...What's the latest???

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Man View Post
    How much top rail space do you have in inches? According to Rob Arms, the M with a 16" light profile barrel weighs in at 8.6 lbs empty. So in reality, the 'ultra light' SCAR isn't really that much lighter when you do the math. Thanks for the info man.
    I'd put a little money down that 8.6 is with a quad rail upper. Keymod well get it at our just over 8.

<1911 tangent>

My lightweight operator was good for about 300 as well....no matter how hard I tightened the op rod, it would always start to back off around 300 and malfunctions would start. Stovepipe's and ftc.

But up to that point it was a swiss watch.....and since I'm out of .45 for the time being, I've been eyeballing the armscor 2011 Hi cap in 9mm. 600 bucks and either some TLC or now there are some shops offering specific tune-up packages for guys building race guns out of em. Bout 200/bucks will get the trigger tightened up, ramp polished, barrel fit and 3 mags tuned....and reports are that they're workable before hand but after that they're incredible.

</1911 tangent>
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

I would go with the LWRC REPR with the 20 inch barrel,Geiselle trigger or the FN SCAR IN 308. You will lose accuracy with the XCR from 600 t0 800 yards or more.
    Decisions...good luck and have fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

BF...What is your distance accuracy evaluation based on? Is it based on personal experience with the M?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    <1911 tangent>

My lightweight operator was good for about 300 as well....no matter how hard I tightened the op rod, it would always start to back off around 300 and malfunctions would start. Stovepipe's and ftc.

But up to that point it was a swiss watch.....and since I'm out of .45 for the time being, I've been eyeballing the armscor 2011 Hi cap in 9mm. 600 bucks and either some TLC or now there are some shops offering specific tune-up packages for guys building race guns out of em. Bout 200/bucks will get the trigger tightened up, ramp polished, barrel fit and 3 mags tuned....and reports are that they're workable before hand but after that they're incredible.

</1911 tangent>
    Have you considered the CZ 75 SPO1?
    I had Cajun gun works put about 380 into it and it is the best pistol I have ever owned
    Walking through the waste land formally known as the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Sale's up on the 11th IIRC....Primary Arms...and it's only limited to what's in stock so if you plan to take the plunge Tman....order it up now.
    PA has sales through-out the year. This isn't the only time the trigger's on sale for $260. Though the next time it gets this low will likely be for July 4th.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Man View Post
    How much top rail space do you have in inches? According to Rob Arms, the M with a 16" light profile barrel weighs in at 8.6 lbs empty. So in reality, the 'ultra light' SCAR isn't really that much lighter when you do the math. Thanks for the info man.

16.5" of continuous top rail space. The short length MREX adds another 2.5" that is lower than the top rail; not very useful besides low profile laser designators or lights with remote activation. I have a hard time believing RA's figure. All I know is the 17 rock right out of the box. Have not seen a single complaint regarding accuracy. And FN is well known for their CHF barrels. Do we know where RA gets their barrels?

The most often seen complaints are about the heavy trigger, which I believe is overblown and in line with a combat rifle that was never designed or marketed specifically for competition.
    Last edited by fmunk; 01-06-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    PA has sales through-out the year. This isn't the only time the trigger's on sale for $260. Though the next time it gets this low will likely be for July 4th.
    I know...I was just saying the deal's up the 11th.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by BADDFROGG View Post
    You will lose accuracy with the XCR from 600 t0 800 yards or more.
    Really?
    Mine does great at 900 yards. I'd say 1000, but that 2.5-10X doesn't have enough elevation to get me there and using mil-holds for the increase in drop isn't repeatable enough for me.

So what would make it OK in accuracy at 600, but lousy at 900?

My guess is that you're experiencing an ammo issue - have you tried something like Federal GMM2?

Now if you'd said the -M didn't like AMAX ammo, I'd agree with that statement ;-)
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

[QUOTE=Bravo;237658]Really?
    Mine does great at 900 yards. I'd say 1000, but that 2.5-10X doesn't have enough elevation to get me there and using mil-holds for the increase in drop isn't repeatable enough for me.

Bravo,

What year was your M built, and did you have the updates done to it after the fact?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sponsors