Any M's in 6.5 CM Out There? - Page 4
Like Tree11Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any M's in 6.5 CM Out There?

I haven't heard of anyone on the Canadian forums with an XCR-M in 6.5 Creedmoor. However, our distributor now has full rifles in that chambering. I'll post here if I see or hear anything. There are a few of us still poking hard for Grendel and 260 barrels.

I really wanted 260, but I could be convinced to go with 6.5 if it means a barrel in hand this year.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay

Quote Originally Posted by Rockworx View Post
    Holly hijacked. ... anyways, any 6.5 creedmor shooters out there?
    Good thing we don't have any overactive moderating children threatening to reign in the thread drift, LOL.
    TexasChris likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

When I get my XCR-M I want to also get a 6.5 creed barrel and do some accuracy testing when swapping between the two, same upper/scope. I would like the gun to serve in a role where .308 is the battle caliber and 90%of ammunition weight carried, 6.5 would be for increased performance out to 1000-1200 range and the increased precision within 1000yds.
    Give operator the ability to carry in a assault pack with a 6.5 barrel and a couple magazines worth of ammo while preforming clearance operations with a shot barrel 7.62.
    I would like some data to compare to others who own the XCR-M in the two calibers.
    **predicable and reliable POI shift between the barrel changes.
    **6.5 accuracy is a key factor so that the operator can logically leave behind the heavy .300WM bolt gun, saving it for dedicated overwatch operations.

any owners think this would be a cool test to help strengthen the advantages of a modular, caliber swapping, free floated, excellent stock trigger type of weapon?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-273 View Post
    When I get my XCR-M I want to also get a 6.5 creed barrel and do some accuracy testing when swapping between the two, same upper/scope. I would like the gun to serve in a role where .308 is the battle caliber and 90%of ammunition weight carried, 6.5 would be for increased performance out to 1000-1200 range and the increased precision within 1000yds.
    Give operator the ability to carry in a assault pack with a 6.5 barrel and a couple magazines worth of ammo while preforming clearance operations with a shot barrel 7.62.
    I would like some data to compare to others who own the XCR-M in the two calibers.
    **predicable and reliable POI shift between the barrel changes.
    **6.5 accuracy is a key factor so that the operator can logically leave behind the heavy .300WM bolt gun, saving it for dedicated overwatch operations.

any owners think this would be a cool test to help strengthen the advantages of a modular, caliber swapping, free floated, excellent stock trigger type of weapon?
    A lot of guys here have said there's no POI shift when swapping bbls....but they are usually talking about removing and reinstalling the same bbl from what I recall. Personally, that's not what I've experienced....I've had to ever so slightly rezero. I'd guess at most it's a half MOA off....but that may just be my bad luck or bad shooting. I'm not sure if you should expect to get zero POI shift when changing out entire bbl assemblies for a different caliber.

Just being honest.

BTW, seems you're looking at the M moreso than the L......have you considered the Desert Tech MDR? No 6.5 Creedmore available (at least yet)....but might be another option to consider. I have an -M.....but I wouldn't mind an MDR either.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sean K. Yeah I have been watching the MDR for a long time and think it might be a winner. But I want to wait for it to be in the wild for a while before I buy a gun that Will require a lot of ammo training the bull-pup manual of arms.
    The publicity of the MDRs release issues and timeline delays for QC issues weather a valid fear or not still doesn't put me "the buyer" at easy, so I'll wait. But I feel like from what most say that the XCR has moved past those issues.

I have hopes that grow stronger with the info online about the XCR-Ms new accuracy. The SCAR too is just a 1-MOA gun with some shooting under. I am hoping for a gun to match closely the accuracy of a SCAR. If that happenes the only remaining benefit for the SCAR is the low weight which is negligible ones I add a extended rail.
    In my book that means THE SCAR killer..

David beat Goliath, if you will. I am all about the American underdawg taking out the foreign invader.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-273 View Post
    Sean K. Yeah I have been watching the MDR for a long time and think it might be a winner. But I want to wait for it to be in the wild for a while before I buy a gun that Will require a lot of ammo training the bull-pup manual of arms.
    The publicity of the MDRs release issues and timeline delays for QC issues weather a valid fear or not still doesn't put me "the buyer" at easy, so I'll wait. But I feel like from what most say that the XCR has moved past those issues.

I have hopes that grow stronger with the info online about the XCR-Ms new accuracy. The SCAR too is just a 1-MOA gun with some shooting under. I am hoping for a gun to match closely the accuracy of a SCAR. If that happenes the only remaining benefit for the SCAR is the low weight which is negligible ones I add a extended rail.
    In my book that means THE SCAR killer..
    On average, I don't think you'll find the XCR-M to be as accurate as the SCAR-H/17. I'm basing that on what owners are actually reporting. Yes, there are handloaders here with the -M getting great results, but I'd have to guess based on what's been posted on this forum that that isn't the norm. SCARs OTOH, seem to be hovering around 1MOA consistently though the complaint is that the pencil bbl heats up and the groups go up with it as a result.

Oh, and I hear you on the MDR.....lots of waiting and they apparently are still having some issues with solid mounting of the front handguard for mounting BUIS....but it's still intriguing. We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors