Any M's in 6.5 CM Out There?
Like Tree11Likes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any M's in 6.5 CM Out There?

Any M's in 6.5 CM Out There?

Just saw that a batch of M's in 6.5 Creedmor have landed in Canuckastan. Anyone have one?

I was waiting for a .260 Rem barrel for the M, but it might be the case that the .260 may be deleted in favor of the Creedmor. Just speculation though on my part as I have yet to see a rifle kitted out in .260....

What do you guys state side have for options? Did the .260 Rem ever make it to market?
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

I asked for one when they were initially offered. I gave up after the wait of months was in the double digits. Personally, with the accuracy I'm (me, not representative of everyone) getting from my M, I lost interest in trying it in creedmoor or 260. I know the XCR is a better option North of the border but down here an AR based platform is almost guaranteed to shoot MOA or better and at half the cost of an M. My M is around 1-1.25 moa with good factory ammo.

That's what I'm finding with mine in .308 as well, and am happy with it. I just have a buddy that's pumping the 6.5 CM as the next comming or something like that.
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rockworx View Post
    That's what I'm finding with mine in .308 as well, and am happy with it. I just have a buddy that's pumping the 6.5 CM as the next comming or something like that.
    I'm not unhappy with the M with what I've got but I don't see the point in dropping $600 on a conversion that probably won't be much better accuracy wise that isn't much cheaper to shoot than 308. I also don't shoot much past 200yds. In my mind, the full benefit of the creedmoor over 308 isn't going to be realized with what I'm doing currently. Others have gotten great accuracy with hand loads in their Ms. When I've got more time, I may at what I can do with that option.

I've been waiting on 260 and 6.5 G barrels for many, many months. I specifically put in orders with Wolverine, but I think they're either at the mercy of Robinson Armament, or are failing as an importer for parts. They did recently get a shipment of full rifles. They screwed up my Type 2 6.8 SPC bolt order multiple times making me wait many months longer than 'it should have'. I had to reach out to Holy directly before anything got done and Alex sent me a bolt that missed a shipment.

Wolverine has told me a couple times that they were waiting for the 6.5 Grendel barrel accuracy to improve before bringing them in, and this was while Robinson Armament was saying they're good to go and shipping. Good thing is we don't have to pay up front for orders and I think the waiting is why. Apparently they get 'shipments' and what they get is what they get? ... I use to think putting in an actual order instead of just waiting for stock meant something, but it doesn't appear that way to me.

End rant.

I'm happy with my 308's accuracy with decent ammo, but I haven't started hand loading. My barrels are not M, and I wonder how much of a difference that really makes. I known I'll have to start hand loading for distance shooting, but most hunting and ranges where I am max out at about 200 meters, practically speaking. I'm hoping that with the 6.5 Grendel and 260, I can start playing around with shooting at distance, but accuracy will definitely start to mater. It sure would be nice if RA would publish results of accuracy standards, testing, best loads etc...

I know this XCR's are not precision rifles but they're not cheap in cost or quality, some extra effort in this area would be really appreciated.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I've been waiting on 260 and 6.5 G barrels for many, many months. I specifically put in orders with Wolverine, but I think they're either at the mercy of Robinson Armament, or are failing as an importer for parts. They did recently get a shipment of full rifles. They screwed up my Type 2 6.8 SPC bolt order multiple times making me wait many months longer than 'it should have'. I had to reach out to Holy directly before anything got done and Alex sent me a bolt that missed a shipment.

Wolverine has told me a couple times that they were waiting for the 6.5 Grendel barrel accuracy to improve before bringing them in, and this was while Robinson Armament was saying they're good to go and shipping. Good thing is we don't have to pay up front for orders and I think the waiting is why. Apparently they get 'shipments' and what they get is what they get? ... I use to think putting in an actual order instead of just waiting for stock meant something, but it doesn't appear that way to me.

End rant.

I'm happy with my 308's accuracy with decent ammo, but I haven't started hand loading. My barrels are not M, and I wonder how much of a difference that really makes. I known I'll have to start hand loading for distance shooting, but most hunting and ranges where I am max out at about 200 meters, practically speaking. I'm hoping that with the 6.5 Grendel and 260, I can start playing around with shooting at distance, but accuracy will definitely start to mater. It sure would be nice if RA would publish results of accuracy standards, testing, best loads etc...

I know this XCR's are not precision rifles but they're not cheap in cost or quality, some extra effort in this area would be really appreciated.
    I went back out with my Grendel last week. I shot it unsuppressed with a three chamber brake. Not the RA brake but a "similar" style. It helped a little but it was still 2-3x the size of my AR grendel. Putting a can on kept it about the same group size with a noticeable POI shift. Again; not the most accurate platform. does it matter? That's up to you. But, XCR, 18" grendel was 1.5 MOA. Similar setup in AR was .5 MOA. At 100yds, who cares? If you shoot farther, that difference can add up. I've got a 16" light grendel barrel I'm going to try with the wolf, steel cased 100gr. If it's sub 3 MOA at 100, I'll call that a winner and set that up as a "truck gun".
    xdmer and Merlin like this.

Thanks for letting me know, I can live with 1.5 MOA I think. MOA or better and I would be ecstatic, and I'm hoping to get there with hand loads when I have the time and ability. I've remounted optics and new stocks on XCR's along with different muzzle devices, but I haven't been out since doing this over the last couple weeks. I'm interested in seeing what difference this makes. I had to torque quite a bit with crush washers to time right.

The stock brakes worked just fine, but I put new brakes on that have blast / sound forwarders as a second piece over the brake for hunting and playing nice to neighbours on the range.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I went back out with my Grendel last week. I shot it unsuppressed with a three chamber brake. Not the RA brake but a "similar" style. It helped a little but it was still 2-3x the size of my AR grendel. Putting a can on kept it about the same group size with a noticeable POI shift. Again; not the most accurate platform. does it matter? That's up to you. But, XCR, 18" grendel was 1.5 MOA. Similar setup in AR was .5 MOA. At 100yds, who cares? If you shoot farther, that difference can add up. I've got a 16" light grendel barrel I'm going to try with the wolf, steel cased 100gr. If it's sub 3 MOA at 100, I'll call that a winner and set that up as a "truck gun".
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay

RobArms posted some pictures of a target shot with a 6.5 Creed barrel on instagram yesterday. Several 3-shot groups with various ammo types were all touching at 100-yards. Doesn’t mean much to me until we see those results from end users but maybe there is reason for hope.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KiowaDriver85 View Post
    RobArms posted some pictures of a target shot with a 6.5 Creed barrel on instagram yesterday. Several 3-shot groups with various ammo types were all touching at 100-yards. Doesn’t mean much to me until we see those results from end users but maybe there is reason for hope.
    Did they say what kind of ammo they were using? I've done most of my groups with 5 shots. I don't think 3 would have helped much on my groups sizes. This is in general, not XCR/creedmoor specific.
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 10-18-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Hornady 120 & 140gn ELD Match

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors