Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - Page 2
Like Tree10Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Yup. Not entirely scientific. And it makes me wonder how the FH equipped rifles might have done with comps/brakes. The XCRs are definitely more robust in construction. Perhaps too much so for the civilian market. So much can be done with CNCs these days with the touch of a button. I'd love to see how much a talented machinist could shave off from places where it is not needed.
    Last edited by fmunk; 08-20-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yup. Not entirely scientific. And it makes me wonder how the FH equipped rifles might have done with comps/brakes. The XCRs are definitely more robust in construction. Perhaps too much so for the civilian market. So much can be done with CNCs these days with the touch of a button. I'd love to see how much a talented machinist could shave off from places where it is not needed.
    Or more exotic materials....but on an already expensive rifle...it would make the cost astronomical considering there are now ~4 lb Titanium ARs for upwards of $3500.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Or more exotic materials....but on an already expensive rifle...it would make the cost astronomical considering there are now ~4 lb Titanium ARs for upwards of $3500.
    I think part of the XCR's cost is RA's small scale operation. Anyway, I thought the series was over but here's episode 4 with a hilariously bad soundtrack:

Last edited by fmunk; 08-30-2019 at 03:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

In episode three the Desert Tech has some massive trigger finger slap. Looks kind of odd compared to every other rifle used.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    In episode three the Desert Tech has some massive trigger finger slap. Looks kind of odd compared to every other rifle used.
    Don't know what video you were watching. I saw no such thing. What I saw was the shooters not riding the trigger, either intentionally or because of the recoil. Footage of the MDR is no different than that of the FN SCAR. If trigger slap was evident and as extreme as you portrayed, reviewers such as Military Arms Channel, InRangeTV and Garandthumb surely would have noted it.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-01-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Episode 5: Spoiler alert -M wins.

Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Episode 5: Spoiler alert -M wins.

Hmm...interesting. Based on the way the videos were trending...I wouldn't have thought the M would win. I expected in the top half...if not the top 3.

Not sure it means much, but it's good marketing for RA...which is why the series is on their site already I guess.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Reading the comments after the final video, there are still a lot of XCR haters out there!
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

Quote Originally Posted by Col Maddog View Post
    Reading the comments after the final video, there are still a lot of XCR haters out there!
    Not surprising considering some of the epic comments from Alex over the years, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Maddog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Not surprising considering some of the epic comments from Alex over the years, lol.

There's that. And some people are just incapable of adjusting their beliefs when presented with new data... or simply learning new things. The MDR for example, some people are so sore at the delayed launch they refuse to believe it's been fixed, despite two prominent guntubers confirming it. Did some research on the Tavor 7. Looks like IWI did that launch right.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors