SWAT not responsible for your home's damage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWAT not responsible for your home's damage

SWAT not responsible for your home's damage

Visit Minute of Angle Forums
    A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

Re: SWAT not responsible for your home's damage

Mortars, grenades and tear gas?? Was this filmed in A-stan? :duh: :'(

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I love this place!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

That is really jacked up...
    "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

They're not even responsible when they kill the wrong people in the wrong home.

Stands to reason they're not liable for anything that happens in the right home.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    They're not even responsible when they kill the wrong people in the wrong home.

Stands to reason they're not liable for anything that happens in the right home.
    I just like to point out that it was still the wrong home.
    See you on the bounce

I can't believe you guys are finding fault with these fine officers.

It's a daily war for survival out there on the mean streets of Renton. The top priority of every one of these honorable men is to make it home to their family at the end of the day, just as it should be. These were split second decisions made in the heat of the moment, as bullets were whizzing by. Perhaps small mistakes were made--perhaps.

This is a small price to pay for law and order in the hell that is the Seattle metro area.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    The top priority of every one of these honorable men is to make it home to their family at the end of the day, just as it should be.
    I completely agree, but it's the way the cops try to uphold this idea that I have a problem with.

I'm sure we all have heard about the first rule of gunfighting, but there is a rule before the first one: "Try to avoid it." (This rule only applies to defensive gunfighting, and not offensive gunfighting.)

(Yes, I know you were being sarcastic.)
    “If a tyrant is one man and his subjects are many, why do they consent to their own enslavement?"

Etienne de La Boetie (1530-1563)

I actually lived in Renton last year. A trend I observed that I found very disturbing was budget shortfalls and reduction in funds from King County and Washington State were expected to be made up in two ways: Increased property and business taxes, and revenue collected from traffic stops and other crimes committed by the population.
    Before I moved elsewhere, my vehicle was broken into and some things taken from behind the bench seat; school textbooks, the jack, the GPS, a first aid kit, the fire extinguisher, tow straps, tire chains, the usual stuff most of us keep in the car just in case. I called the police, and patrolman arrived, took a look, and explained to me that thefts of property less than $5000 were no longer being investigated because the police just couldn't spend time looking for small stuff anymore. If the whole vehicle had been stolen (and it was worth more the $5k Blue Book value), that would be different.
    He was casual but detached and was not particularly unprofessional as he explained this, so I said OK, thanks for taking a look. Damn shame but there's nothing I can do except buy a new window right? A few weeks later, I got a bill "for services/aid rendered" from the City of Renton for $365. Calling the police is not free. Having them arrive and do nothing is also not free. The fact that SWAT decided to go Beirut on the wrong house and then refuse to accept responsibility doesn't surprise me in the least.

Did you pay it?
    “If a tyrant is one man and his subjects are many, why do they consent to their own enslavement?"

Etienne de La Boetie (1530-1563)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors