Updated list of firearm companies refusing to sell to government agencies. - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated list of firearm companies refusing to sell to government agencies.

I'm with you Sean. When they get set up again, and things get stable, I'm going to order from them JUST BECAUSE.
    Tom, excellent idea! I'm thinking I may just make a call tomorrow.....
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns

Not sure I'm so interested in doing business with Magpul. They don't quite seem to get the point of not supporting the very people who will be disarming us...

This is just my two cents... But its kind of like someone hating on veterans because they personally don't support the war, or fighting etc.. As a veteran this sort of thing is annoying. I signed up to serve my country. I didn't get to choose where I went, but went because that is part of the package and because I believe in service to ones country. While this is a fine line for Magpul to be walking, I can sort of see where they might be coming from / their reasoning. It isn't every LEO that thinks that civilians shouldn't own this stuff. And most LEO ( where I am from ) will turn a blind eye or outright not follow any order for confiscation. By (planning) moving out of Colorado, they are taking their taxes and business away from the state. By selling to those civilians in the states that are denying citizens rights (and in a first priority ship to way ) they are sending a message that they are pro 2A etc. Selling to LEO in those states shows that they support the LEO to defend themselves against those who won't obey the laws. Also, if they don't sell to LEO etc then they lose money as the LEO will just go somewhere else. By making money from the LEO I think that this will allow Magpul to continue to sell to the civilians at a good price? . . . . I could be way off, but these are just my thoughts on the situation.
    For those who fight for it, Freedom has a taste that the protected will never know. -Unknown-

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Just who do you think it is that "won't obey the laws".....when the "laws" say that owning a semi-auto sporting rifle or greater than 10 round capacity mag is "illegal"?

Guess what? Those LEO are going to "just follow orders" while they are KILLING your fellow gun owners.

Magpul is flat wrong for that reason alone.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Just to put this out there. I am not meaning any offense towards anyone. Just having a discussion

That said, when I was active duty, we all knew that we didn't have to follow any unlawful order. Now, that was left to the interpretation of the individual as to what was lawful or not. And if you didn't obey an order, you would obviously get in trouble and have to go before a panel of sorts and answer to them. The LEO that I am referring to are those that are usually from smaller towns in rural areas. Or like the LEO in Utah that came together and set out a letter saying that they wouldn't follow those type of laws that disarm the population / the laws they saw as unconstitutional. But yes, I do believe SeanK., that there will be LEO that will follow such laws. I was just stating that those reasons might be some insight as to what / why magpul was doing what they were. And while the LEO might be "killing fellow gun owners" at least magpul will have stayed in business and sold mags to the "fellow gun owners" for them to be able to defend themselves with. An argument is not what I was aiming for, and I am not taking it offensive (whether meant that way or not ). That is my basic point. We each do what we believe we should. That is our individual right. Buy from them or don't, that's yours. The issue arises when someones choice infringes upon someone else's. Personally, if I were magpul, I probably wouldn't sell to LEO in order to make a statement just like other vendors have. But, I haven't walked in their shoes nor do I know the whole story. Therefore, I was just talking possibilities and theories. Also, wrong is in the eye of the beholder. We each are entitled to our own opinion, including magpul.
    For those who fight for it, Freedom has a taste that the protected will never know. -Unknown-

No offense taken or intended....just voicing my opinion.

Many LEO will actually support the people....most of these realize they are just individual citizens like the rest of us....it's the others (the ones that believe they are above their fellow man) who will be doing the bidding of their bureaucratic masters. If it comes down to confiscation, it will spark a civil war.....it may be quite involved, it may be a small whimper...but some will die for their rights. In that kind of societal turbulence, I doubt there will be "panels"....more likely "firing squads" for those who refuse to obey an order. And at that point, you'll find out what LEOs really believe individually.

At this point, I'm not going to give Magpul any more business based on their new stance. Funny, if they'd said nothing at all....I would have likely continued to buy from them.....but this new stance makes me seriously question that. I wonder how Magpul would fair if all their civilian customers dropped out b/c of this? They won't though....Magpul is Gucci for gun fags. It ain't going anywhere.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

And Magpul decides to break to the right!
    I'm all for this, although figuring out who's naughty and who's nice won't be feasible.
    I'm sure those malicious cops in Noo Yawk that busted the soldier for having empty mags will lie and "promise" they'll obey the Constitution.

26-Feb-13 19:38
    REGARDING LEO SALES

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick

President/CEO - Founder

Magpul Industries

Comment on this article. Comments (0)
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Magpul clarified their position. I know a few of the guys over there and I can tell you, they do not support anyone who aims to stifle our 2nd amendment rights.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Ya, I met one of their brothers at the range (he worked for ATK)......nice guy and definitely pro-2A.

Glad to see this latest letter. I love their gear and would hate to have to boycott. We'll see how things shake out though before I make a decision.

Sean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors