Movie: White House Down Trailer.....Hmmm.
Like Tree11Likes
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie: White House Down Trailer.....Hmmm.

Movie: White House Down Trailer.....Hmmm.

What do you wanna bet the "terrorists" in this movie are "home grown", "right wing", "domestic" (and probably "racist") terrorists....you know, sorta like the evil "Tea Party"?

Just a guess.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean K.; 05-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

You forgot white and christian
    Walking through the waste land formally known as the USA

tk
    It's a "heavily armed paramilitary force" led by Emil Stenz.

Another promo uses the word "mercenaries."

The question is, who are they working for?

tk
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th District

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by scalton View Post
    You forgot white and christian
    Generally you don't find many agnostics spouting words of hate in the name of their God. I'd also be willing to bet that if you look at most "hate groups" in the US, they're tied to religion of some sort.

The other month a local parent had his 9 year old boy stand in front of a church telling the chuch members they are going to hell "picketing" them. Needless to say, he was white and "Christian".

For the record, I consider myself a Christian (although at times I have my doubts and the questions never stop), and I'm definitely white (although my Eastern European decent doesn't have me looking like an Irishman or German lol) .
    Last edited by Sig; 05-09-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Didn't we just have a movie about this same subject? Olympus has fallen? I guess Hollywood has lost their imagination.
    Behold, the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Generally you don't find many agnostics spouting words of hate in the name of their God.

As an atheist I'm often embarrassed by the aggressively close minded fundamentalism of some who claim to be atheists. Plenty of people hate religion with a fervor that is only matched by religious zeal.
    Difranco, mjorin, saberune and 1 others like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by tk View Post
    It's a "heavily armed paramilitary force" led by Emil Stenz.

Another promo uses the word "mercenaries."

The question is, who are they working for?

tk
    Ya, I researched the "plot" for clues on the web....didn't find any answer. Guess we'll have to wait until it's out.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Didn't we just have a movie about this same subject? Olympus has fallen? I guess Hollywood has lost their imagination.
    This one is made by the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Generally you don't find many agnostics spouting words of hate in the name of their God. I'd also be willing to bet that if you look at most "hate groups" in the US, they're tied to religion of some sort.

The other month a local parent had his 9 year old boy stand in front of a church telling the chuch members they are going to hell "picketing" them. Needless to say, he was white and "Christian".

For the record, I consider myself a Christian (although at times I have my doubts and the questions never stop), and I'm definitely white (although my Eastern European decent doesn't have me looking like an Irishman or German lol) .

I'd be careful with any group claiming another is a "hate group". If you look at the listing complied by the SPLC....many of them are nothing of the sort....unless you're pushing SPLC's agenda (which in part, is quite profitable....after all, if they don't name more hate groups, they don't get additional funding).
    Difranco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    As an atheist I'm often embarrassed by the aggressively close minded fundamentalism of some who claim to be atheists. Plenty of people hate religion with a fervor that is only matched by religious zeal.
    Mac / Apple devotees are similar in this regard.
    Visit Minute of Angle Forums
    A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors