Test screening invite

Thread: Test screening invite

Test screening invite

Because I'm Hollywood's most desirable demographic (30 something white middle class male) I get a lot of invites to test screenings of films that the studio is looking for direct viewer feedback on. Most are trash that I don't even bother with. This one caught my attention though. Check the synopsis-

If on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? In The Purge, a speculative thriller that follows one family over the course of a single night, four people will be tested to see how far they will go to protect themselves when the vicious outside world breaks into their home.
    In an America wracked by crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity-including murder-becomes legal. The police canít be called. Hospitals suspend help. Itís one night when the citizenry regulates itself without thought of punishment. On this night plagued by violence and an epidemic of crime, one family wrestles with the decision of who they will become when a stranger comes knocking.
    When an intruder breaks into James Sandinís (Ethan Hawke) gated community during the yearly lockdown, he begins a sequence of events that threatens to tear a family apart. Now, it is up to James, his wife, Mary (Lena Headey), and their kids to make it through the night without turning into the monsters from whom they hide. www.blumhouse.com/film/thepurge

For a man who'd trade his liberty for a safe and dreamless sleep, Doesn't deserve the both of them and neither shall he keep

This is a movie--I thought it was a profile of the country of Mexico.

Sponsors