Possible Boycott of Troy Industries Brewing....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Boycott of Troy Industries Brewing....

Possible Boycott of Troy Industries Brewing....

Backstory: Troy Industries hired a rabidly anti-gun ex-police chief from Chicago to help them (apparently) secure government contracts for their tactical products by adding him to their "Troy Asymmetric" team.

Article that started it all:

Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor UPDATED: Coward fired. | GunsSaveLife.com

Thousands of gun owners wrote angry letters to Troy to voice their displeasure with the move (I did as well)...and Troy rescinded the job offer (or fired him). Either way he's gone.

Now it comes to light that Troy has on its payroll an FBI HRT Sniper (Dale Monroe) that was present at Ruby Ridge. Article below:

Troy confirms Weis not on team as another controversy emerges - National gun rights | Examiner.com

And Troy's lame ass response:

https://www.facebook.com/TroyInd/posts/621801584520390

Feel free to voice your opinion to Troy about Mr. Monroe's continued employment as well on FB or via email:

Below is the email for Allyson from Troy.

[email protected]

Or you can email the general box at:

[email protected]
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Here's what I wrote:

Titled: Is This True?

Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor UPDATED: Coward fired. | GunsSaveLife.com

Article states you hired Jody Weis as an "Asymmetric Instructor". If that's the case and you keep him on your pay roll....I've bought my last Troy accessory, and I've got more than 10 rifles with your spendy BUIS on them as well as a ton of your mags. Some of them have your sling mounts, brakes, stock, rail, etc.

Very disappointed to see this if it is true. If it's not, or is about to be rectified, I'll be happy to continue purchasing your parts. Nothing personal against Troy...but it's time American gun owners held the industry accountable and put our money where our mouths have been for so many years.

Please let me know as soon as possible. I am building another AR and was about to purchase a set of your BUIS for it.

Thanks,
    Sean King

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Subject: Troy Supports the Second Amendment and its Customers
    Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:58:16 -0400

Troy Industries is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. In recent months, we have been more vocal about our beliefs, choosing to align ourselves with companies and individuals who are like-minded.

In response to the reaction of our customer base, Jody Weis will not be joining the Troy Asymmetric cadre of instructors.

We value the thoughts and concerns of our loyal customers. Troy Industries and its affiliated companies are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and will continue to promote this right through our products, statements, actions and affiliations.

Thank you
    Allyson Ranelli
    Troy Industries, Inc
    151A Capital Dr
    West Springfield, MA 01089
    413-788-4288 x116 Office
    413-788-4610 Fax
    [email protected]
    www.troyind.com

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Allyson,

Just got wind of the latest dust up over your employee, Dale Monroe. I was directed to your Facebook page to read Troy's response.

Simply put, Troy's response is UNACCEPTABLE. Yes, I understand what it means to wear a uniform. However, the excuse that one is just following orders holds no more water for Mr. Monroe than it did for the Nazis of Nuremburg (please look up Nuremburg trials if you are not familiar with the history).

In short, Mr. Monroe swore an oath to the constitution, not to his superiors. The unlawful actions undertaken by our government at Ruby Ridge were a violation of due process, human decency and were an obvious attempt at entrapment and infiltration of dissenters for political purposes. Those actions were a major impetus for steeling American gun owners' resolve regarding government over-reach and the current de-legitimization of this rogue government.

To continue to employ a man who had a hand in such an atrocity and then defend his actions is to unequivocally send a message of support for such governmental abuse.

If Troy chooses to keep Mr. Monroe on their payroll, I will have bought my last Troy Industries product.

Thank you for your time,
    Sean King
    Mesa, AZ
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Thanks for sharing Sean......their Facebook response is as piss poor as their initial decision to associate with these goons.

.....of course I'm concerned that the rationale will remain even of the thugs don't.

ive more than likely purchased my last troy product.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I hear ya....they can claim they support the 2A...but their actions speak louder than their words. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt...until they let Monroe go, I won't be buying any more Troy products either. That's the only acceptable action I see at this point.

Right on the mark Sean. Boycott Troy Industries until they get the message and fire the guy, and make a clear statement as to the reason why. I won't be buying any Troy products until then. Everybody spread the word. Either you are with us, or against us.

Ya, sucks b/c I really prefer their sights....but I'll be switching to Diamond Head or someone else (not just a rebranded Troy) if they continue on this path.

Response from Troy:

Good Morning

Please review the latest statement from our CEO:

I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority. I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel. If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company. Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management. Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making. Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians. From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer. He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven. Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”. I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him. Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life. Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command. I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment. I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion. I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor. I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong. However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”. I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you. -Steve Troy

Thank you
    Allyson Ranelli
    Troy Industries, Inc
    151A Capital Dr
    West Springfield, MA 01089
    413-788-4288 x116 Office
    413-788-4610 Fax
    [email protected]
    www.troyind.com

It *seems* Steve is saying basically, fuck you....we're keeping him. So I sent this back:

Allyson,

Do me a favor and take these 2 questions to Steve Troy himself. His answer will determine whether or not I ever buy another Troy product.

Steve,

If it was YOUR wife and son killed by Dale Monroe's team, would you still keep him on board? Or would it wash with your conscience that he was simply "following orders"?

What it is quickly coming down to is this: If you will not stand for others rights when they are abused, then who will stand for your own? As Franklin said, "We must hang together or we will most assuredly hang separately".

It's time to choose a side. Choose wisely.

Allyson just replied that she'd forward it on to "upper management".....

Guess that's my answer then.

I never liked their over price products anyways. I like their backup iron sites, but there are many other great alternatives such as PRI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors