Lessons They Didn't Learn at the Academy
Like Tree12Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lessons They Didn't Learn at the Academy

Lessons They Didn't Learn at the Academy

After reviewing all that transpired at the Bundy Ranch, it is apparent to me that there are a few valuable lessons that were apparently not taught at the training academy.

1) A man who risks his life by being gored or stomped to death on a constant basis when wrangling 2000lb bulls doesn't give a damn about your snarling 100 lb Shepard or your tazers. If you do not plan on killing him, a better tactic might be considered in the future.

2) Body slamming someones older aunt, especially when she is a cancer survivor is a sure way to escalate a situation when dealing with men who actually have a sense of honor and a respect for women and family.

3) Placing obvious snipers/spotters on a hilltop doing over watch may be a good way to make yourself feel really powerful, but it is not a good way to make friends and influence people in a positive fashion.

I will now let the other forum members weigh in on their thoughts.

Hey, maybe those lessons shouldn't be learned.
    I don't know that I want my mobile resupply points, er, I mean any jackboots, learning lessons.
    Especially that an obvious sniper is a non-self-resetting target for counter-sniper ops.
    scalton, bgreed, mjorin and 1 others like this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I like Bravo's reply.
    The question is what did they learn in Nevada and when are they going to try again.
    Walking through the waste land formally known as the USA

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    ... mobile resupply points ....
    That is some funny shit right there.

What they learned is to not telegraph your punch. Next time they'll show up without warning and the "Good Guys" may be screwed. It's pretty hard to keep our guard up all the time.
    TexasChris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    What they learned is to not telegraph your punch. Next time they'll show up without warning and the "Good Guys" may be screwed. It's pretty hard to keep our guard up all the time.
    ^ This.

Unfortunately, they also learned how we spread information and who will support such stands against them....as well as those who will physically show up to something like this.

We need to grow from this....to consider ANY threat to property or sovereignty of states or abuse of civil rights a threat to us all....and respond in the exact same manner.

We need to find ways to defang this overgrown beast we call the federal government...
    Bravo, TexasChris and mjorin like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

As usual.....my thoughts are represented already.

i think next time it will be so ugly so fast we will be discussing the narrative twists before the blood is dry.

id wager less than 12 hours from on site to media blackout to body bags.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

And after a few of these we will be in a situation such as laid out in "Unintended Consequences". Someone, or everyone will take the same strategy to the oppressors. Anywhere, anytime.
    Bravo likes this.

The list continues...

4) If you want to be (perceived) as a warrior, join the military, and not a branch associated with the park service. This way you may get an opportunity to fight real threats, instead of body slamming someone's aunty.

5) If you want to be an operator, join the military and go through selection. If you make the cut, you will get the kit AND the skills.
    Last edited by Tech Man; 04-27-2014 at 08:55 AM.

4 is questionable.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors