In Ferguson the Loons are Now Officially Running the Asylum
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: In Ferguson the Loons are Now Officially Running the Asylum

  1. #1
    XCR Guru Tech Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,311

    In Ferguson the Loons are Now Officially Running the Asylum

    Last edited by Tech Man; 08-17-2014 at 04:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Carbineman StormWerkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    Very European, all this in the street protesting.

  3. #3
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,773
    And it's looking more an more like the cop was telling the truth about the aggressive nature of Brown's actions on the day of the shooting....

    See the other thread for video transcript from eye witness account.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Marksman hoppes-no9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DC metro
    Posts
    321
    Here's an interesting article that gives some historic perspective on the fragmentation of Saint Louis and the genesis of the racial tensions:

    How St. Louis County's Map Explains Ferguson's Racial Discord - Businessweek

  6. #5
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,773
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppes-no9 View Post
    Here's an interesting article that gives some historic perspective on the fragmentation of Saint Louis and the genesis of the racial tensions:

    How St. Louis County's Map Explains Ferguson's Racial Discord - Businessweek

    I'm not sure I understand the point of the article. Is it that in order to ensure equality, people and businesses shouldn't be allowed to move away from certain areas? Or that counties should not be formed/incorporated to chase after tax revenue?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  7. #6
    Marksman hoppes-no9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DC metro
    Posts
    321
    No, it was just explaining how such huge economic and racial differences between different neighborhoods in St.L city arose, and how they are perpetuated by the disintegration of the region into small municipalities. I found it informative, didn't realize how fragmented that metro area was.

  8. #7
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,773
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppes-no9 View Post
    No, it was just explaining how such huge economic and racial differences between different neighborhoods in St.L city arose, and how they are perpetuated by the disintegration of the region into small municipalities. I found it informative, didn't realize how fragmented that metro area was.
    Agreed...but I have to wonder if the underlying conclusion to "fix" the problem is along the lines of what I stated.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  9. #8
    XCR Guru Tech Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,311
    It appears that the panthers and the po-leece are now working together:

    In Ferguson the Loons are Now Officially Running the Asylum-bvm6arhcaaal8jc.jpg

    Now let's take a look at the results:

    PHOTO COLLECTION: ‘Peaceful Protesters’ Vandalize, Loot & Destroy #Ferguson Businesses

  10. #9
    Marksman hoppes-no9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DC metro
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    but I have to wonder if the underlying conclusion to "fix" the problem is along the lines of what I stated.
    Prolly a safe assumption, although I did like that the article ended with a note of "that ain't gonna happen".

  11. #10
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,773
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppes-no9 View Post
    Prolly a safe assumption, although I did like that the article ended with a note of "that ain't gonna happen".
    Ya, me too.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is Ferguson the start of a libertarian moment?
    By crusoe in forum Politicking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 09:17 AM
  2. Hit the Road, Barack (Niall Ferguson)
    By TomAiello in forum Politicking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 10:12 AM
  3. Running 62 gr?
    By Platnumbob in forum 5.56×45mm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM
  4. Who here is running a 12" HB?
    By AAG in forum 5.56×45mm
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  5. XCR up and running...Thank You!
    By native in forum In The Field
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 11:22 AM

Search tags for this page

ferguson loons

Click on a term to search for related topics.