here it comes...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: here it comes...

here it comes...

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/95241

I placed my order for an XCR 5.56 on feb 16 , when i see things like this it makes me wonder if i will actually receive my xcr , good read though...
    “If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

Re: here it comes...

Here what comes? ??? You mean when the author says that "fully-automatic weapons come"? :

I saw nothing in the article to cause concern. It's no more than old news, a boring rehash of history.

Quote Originally Posted by stanc View Post
    Here what comes? ??? You mean when the author says that "fully-automatic weapons come"? :

I saw nothing in the article to cause concern. It's no more than old news, a boring rehash of history.
    Your scholarship is atrocious , The title of the article is "Obama Administration Looking To Renew Weapons Ban" that's what is coming to answer your question. Considering that the Attorney General (top law enforcement officer in America) Eric holder , Seeks to re-institute the 1994 assault weapons ban , Congress is an invertebrate institution and the Executive branch is controlled by a rabidly anti-gun pundit , judging by his track record in Illinois. I see A clear cause for concern , my vision is not blurred by the false protection of the NRA or vague promises to protect the second amendment from A candidate who is A pathological liar at best.

I understand Speaker Pelosi gave A "flat no" in response to the Attorney General's statements spoken out of turn about their plans to re-institute the 1994 assault weapons ban on Feb 26, 2009. Which could qualify your charge that this is old news; Nevertheless it does not mean all is well. To pontificate about the importance of an imminent assault weapons ban is fine. Just remember some people refuse to capitulate their second amendment , unalienable , God given rights and will repudiate your statements diligently. Weather they be personal or philosophical attacks they will be responded too.
    “If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Both Pelosi and Reid have said they would not allow a vote for another ban. They both understand that the previous ban cost them many seats in Congress and they do not wish for that to happen again.

In addition with such a bad economy on their hands they are going to have to not step on to many toes if they wish to remain in power as many voters are very upset about losing 50% or more of their saving in the market crash.

While Holder and Obama may want a ban they need for Congress to pass the legislation for them to sign which I don't see getting through Congress any time soon.

So quite being a worry wart and write your Congress Criters and let them know your concerns.
    The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly fucking stupid.

My "scholarship is atrocious," eh? That's pretty funny, coming from one with your displayed level of grammar and spelling. :rofl:

I made no "personal or philosophical attacks" in my previous post. I just noted that there was no new information in the article. It's old news because the subject (Obama, Holder, and renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban) was discussed in at least one other thread, weeks ago: https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,2647.0.html

Feel free to repudiate that statement diligently. :

My "scholarship is atrocious," eh? That's pretty funny, coming from one with your displayed level of grammar and spelling. :rofl:

I made no "personal or philosophical attacks" in my previous post. I just noted that there was no new information in the article. It's old news because the subject (Obama, Holder, and renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban) was discussed in at least one other thread, weeks ago: https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,2647.0.html

Feel free to repudiate that statement diligently. :
    "eh?" Is that even a word ? nice grammar. Your vocabulary is astounding , tantamount to shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by JonwoN View Post
    "eh?" Is that even a word ? nice grammar. Your vocabulary is astounding , tantamount to shakespeare.
    eh

Function: interjection
    Etymology: Middle English ey
    Date: 13th century

—used to ask for confirmation or repetition or to express inquiry

(from Webster's dictionary)

Quote Originally Posted by JonwoN View Post
    [b]eh

Function: interjection
    Etymology: Middle English ey
    Date: 13th century

—used to ask for confirmation or repetition or to express inquiry

(from Webster's dictionary)
    Like I said. Your vocabulary is astounding , tantamount to shakespeare. All that from Webster's Dictionary ? I have got to purchase A copy so I can be just like you.

Somehow I doubt that you'll ever be like me.

Save your $$ for guns and ammo.

Use the free online dictionary: http://www.merriam-webster.com/

Okay children let's have a time out.

Stanc: You comments are always welcome in this forum, even if the general sentiment is opposite of your political stance. That is just fine. That is your right and I think I can speak for everyone on this forum, even JonWon, when I say that we want you and everyone else to speak your mind and what you believe. However, with that said, freedom of speech does not mean that everyone or any one person has to like it, and they have the right to pass judgment on you or anyone else for that matter. I believe JonWon was trying to state that when you make political statements or take a stance that is "against the grain" here on the XCR Forum that you may have responses that may be personally aimed at you. Now whether that is right or wrong is still up for debate. But I point you to the free speech statement earlier.

In any case, stanc, please continue to give your opposing views. I believe them to be more appreciated than despised. Oh yeah, one more thing. Let's stick to the content of the post and not pick on the grammer or speeling mistaks, as they are actually irrelevant to the discussion. True?

JonWon: Please try not get to angry in your posts to people who have an opposing view. If everyone had the same view(s), then... well... you get the idea. Let's keep things civil until SHTF, etc.

Now, why don't the two of you have a couple beers... :crossedfingers: "serenity now"

"If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

WWW.GLOCKFAN.US - Glock Pistol Forum

WWW.ACRFORUM.COM - Remington Bushmaster ACR Rifle Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors