NFA Amnesty???
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By Dredd
  • 2 Post By Sean K.
  • 3 Post By navalbeaver

Thread: NFA Amnesty???

Wink NFA Amnesty???

There is an article that was posted by Truth About Guns on the NRA/ILA response to the ATFs ruling and classification of bump fire stocks. In the NRAs response they discuss a firearm amnesty.

My question to this group of firearm enthusiast: What would an amnesty mean to us??? Would an amnesty allow us regular peon taxpayer citizens be allowed to register firearms then update them to full auto?

I wanted to pose this question to this group b/c the B/S meter is lower then most...

NRA-ILA Bump Stock Argument to ATF: Amnesty for Owners and Open the Registry - The Truth About Guns
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

I've heard about the Amnesty being in the "law" before but I've not taken any time to research it. I read one of the comments on TTAG about it and someone mentioned that it applied only to firearms pre 1986 and that if you tried to register your post 86 AR lower, it wouldn't apply. I'm not taking it for gospel by any means but it's something I hadn't considered until I read the comment. I think it'd be "good" if they did it at the very least to call attention to the fact that the NFA is ridiculous.

PS I don't expect anything to happen/change with the NFA anytime soon. I did get really excited about the HPA until that dimshidiot in LV effed it up for the rest of us. I'm not real excited about SBRs (braces give you the function without the hassle) or MGs anymore.
    Merlin and Sean K. like this.

I had read the same comment, that's why I started this thread. I wanted to get the opinions and views from this group. I know there is only a handful of us still posting here. I rarely post myself, but this group seems to have more creditable info then others...

I agree w/you have the braces over the SBR. I did have one of my XCR's SBR'd. Next on my list is too get an XCRL-P. Put a brace on it, then I can cross state lines w/my CCW (to free states, don't need to go to IL, NY, NJ, or CA).
    Merlin likes this.
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I dunno...the brace thing makes NFA as ridiculous as it can get. Explain this to someone who doesn't own/understand guns (like most on a jury).

"See Bob....this is a pistol and is legal"

NFA Amnesty???-cam00556.jpg

"This is an Short Bbl Rifle and is illegal (without a bunch of hassle, expense and paperwork)".

NFA Amnesty???-xcr-l-mini-standard-w-type-3-gas-block.png

"Both fold, adjust for LOP and can be shouldered and essentially give the same functionality, but one is illegal and the other is not". "Makes total sense, right?"

And the good, little automaton will most likely answer, "yes". But anyone with a brain is going to be perplexed as to the loophole the government is using to try and get someone imprisoned. Too bad most Amerikans don't have a brain. And that friends, is the crime here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NFA Amnesty???-cam00556.jpg  
    Last edited by Sean K.; 07-22-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Merlin and bgreed like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I dunno...the brace thing makes NFA as ridiculous as it can get. Explain this to someone who doesn't own/understand guns (like most on a jury).

"See Bob....this is a pistol and is legal"

NFA Amnesty???-cam00556.jpg

"This is an Short Bbl Rifle and is illegal (without a bunch of hassle, expense and paperwork)".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XCR-L-Mini-Standard w type 3 gas block.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	14410

"Both fold, adjust for LOP and can be shouldered and essentially give the same functionality, but one is illegal and the other is not". "Makes total sense, right?"

And the good, little automaton will most likely answer, "yes". But anyone with a brain is going to be perplexed as to the loophole the government is using to try and get someone imprisoned. Too bad most Amerikans don't have a brain. And that friends, is the crime here.
    I've done a similar demo with a "gun neutral" friend of mine. Pulled up photos and had him tell me what he was looking at and what he thought the legality of it was. It's even more fun with 14.5" barrels. Pinned? Unpinned? Pistol lower? SBR? Was it a pistol first? DUMB!!!!
    Sean K., Merlin and bgreed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    It wouldn't matter if most had a brain. The lawyers and judges will do a good job of culling the jury pool until only idiots remain.
    “If a tyrant is one man and his subjects are many, why do they consent to their own enslavement?"

Etienne de La Boetie (1530-1563)

Sponsors