Magnificent Quote Thread - Page 3
Like Tree17Likes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magnificent Quote Thread

All of them were great...but that last one is epic. Love Friedman.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I actually found number 11 disturbingly prescient, since the same mentality that lead to drug prohibition is now leading us down the path toward "mandatory health" programs.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I actually found number 11 disturbingly prescient, since the same mentality that lead to drug prohibition is now leading us down the path toward "mandatory health" programs.
    It makes perfect sense to a leftist though. If the state owns your body, and universal health care means we all have to pay for your choices; then we all have a say in your personal choices and they are no longer your own since they will affect all of us monetarily.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

It makes sense to a right-ist, too. The drug prohibition is the right-authoritarian conclusion and the food controls are the left-authoritarian conclusion. It basically just boils down to people wanting to control other people's choices. It makes little difference which of those choices they are trying to control--sooner or later they want to control _all_ your choices.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    It makes sense to a right-ist, too. The drug prohibition is the right-authoritarian conclusion and the food controls are the left-authoritarian conclusion. It basically just boils down to people wanting to control other people's choices. It makes little difference which of those choices they are trying to control--sooner or later they want to control _all_ your choices.
    Good point....the right is more likely to support the failed WoDs anyway....thinking pandemonium will result if they are legalized.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors