Article (Federal Debt)
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By TomAiello
  • 2 Post By TomAiello

Thread: Article (Federal Debt)

Article (Federal Debt)

I drew this magnificent quote from this article:

"It would be illegal for me to take out a credit card every year using the names of random children and max out the spending limits. Thatís essentially what federal politicians do to future generations by continuously passing omnibus budgets with massive deficits and pretending that Social Security can exist perpetually the way it is."

https://fee.org/articles/the-us-is-b...vernment-debt/

It's shocking what the American people accept as normal and allow to be done in their name.
    bgreed, Sean K., Merlin and 1 others like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Huh....for some reason this didn't pop up in the new posts feed for me today.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

G2
    I have been following the debt/economic stuff for awhile. Waiting for folks to realize that itís all make believe and that our money is based solely on a belief thatís itís worth something and not on real tangible assets! Poop will hit the fan!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Waiting for folks to realize that it’s all make believe and that our money is based solely on a belief that’s it’s worth something and not on real tangible assets!
    ALL money is based solely on belief.

Even something like gold. People just believe that gold is valuable. If you collected up all the gold ever mined, it would be the size of a building--and it would just sit there looking kind of pretty, and doing nothing.

Real assets are things that have actual productive value. Money systems are basically ledgers to keep track of credits and debits that each person accumulates relative to all other persons, because the most productive thing on earth is human effort.
    G2 and Sean K. like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

G2
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    ALL money is based solely on belief.

Even something like gold. People just believe that gold is valuable. If you collected up all the gold ever mined, it would be the size of a building--and it would just sit there looking kind of pretty, and doing nothing.

Real assets are things that have actual productive value. Money systems are basically ledgers to keep track of credits and debits that each person accumulates relative to all other persons, because the most productive thing on earth is human effort.
    Here..Here! Well said!

Sponsors