Coronovirus Origins Documentary - Page 2
Like Tree18Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coronovirus Origins Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    It's unfortunate that there are so many who are not at all interested in the truth and are only interested in furthering their ideology.
    Intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt.
    Sean K. and bgreed like this.
    Walking through the waste land formally known as the USA

Newsweek article: https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-ba...V9CIknzqkCEUDA

It treads carefully around the issues, but does admit the reality that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was involved with engineering viruses to cross over from bats to humans. And was funded by the US government to do so, to the tune of about seven and a half million dollars over a decade time span.

In relevant part:

A second phase of the project, beginning that year, included additional surveillance work but also gain-of-function research for the purpose of understanding how bat coronaviruses could mutate to attack humans. The project was run by EcoHealth Alliance, a non-profit research group, under the direction of President Peter Daszak, an expert on disease ecology. NIH canceled the project just this past Friday, April 24th, Politico reported. Daszak did not immediately respond to Newsweek requests for comment.
    The project proposal states: "We will use S protein sequence data, infectious clone technology, in vitro and in vivo infection experiments and analysis of receptor binding to test the hypothesis that % divergence thresholds in S protein sequences predict spillover potential."
    In layman's terms, "spillover potential" refers to the ability of a virus to jump from animals to humans, which requires that the virus be able to attach to receptors in the cells of humans. SARS-CoV-2, for instance, is adept at binding to the ACE2 receptor in human lungs and other organs.
    According to Richard Ebright, an infectious disease expert at Rutgers University, the project description refers to experiments that would enhance the ability of bat coronavirus to infect human cells and laboratory animals using techniques of genetic engineering. In the wake of the pandemic, that is a noteworthy detail.
    Ebright, along with many other scientists, has been a vocal opponent of gain-of-function research because of the risk it presents of creating a pandemic through accidental release from a lab.
    Last edited by TomAiello; 04-30-2020 at 03:47 AM.
    Sean K. and fmunk like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Newsweek article: https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-ba...V9CIknzqkCEUDA

It treads carefully around the issues, but does admit the reality that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was involved with engineering viruses to cross over from bats to humans. And was funded by the US government to do so, to the tune of about seven and a half million dollars over a decade time span.

The question for the uninitiated like me, is: WHY would you be trying to engineer viruses to "cross over"? Why cross it with HIV's "key" to unlocking the cell UNLESS you were trying to infect the host?

Now, obviously....I'm no virologist, but is it common when attempting to make a vaccine to cross it with a known deadly virus to gain access to the cell for the vaccine? That may well be the "why" of it being done, but just seems monumentally stupid to someone looking in from the outside considering this same Level 4 facility had so many known issues regarding their practices.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

The question for the uninitiated like me, is: WHY would you be trying to engineer viruses to "cross over"? Why cross it with HIV's "key" to unlocking the cell UNLESS you were trying to infect the host?

Now, obviously....I'm no virologist, but is it common when attempting to make a vaccine to cross it with a known deadly virus to gain access to the cell for the vaccine? That may well be the "why" of it being done, but just seems monumentally stupid to someone looking in from the outside considering this same Level 4 facility had so many known issues regarding their practices.

Good intentions with monumentally stupid/disastrous results?
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Good intentions with monumentally stupid/disastrous results?

One would hope.....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Supposedly it was done for research purposes.

It's a very controversial technique in virology research. Plenty of US researchers think it's irresponsible because of the risk of a pandemic if it gets out of the lab (really--people are on record saying that years ago). Some think it's a good way to study the virus for potential future treatments. But the controversy is strong enough that the Obama administration killed the research funding, so there was a gap of several years in the project.

Reading between the lines I'd say that the US government paid for the research to be done in China because it was too controversial to do it in the USA. So they basically tried to hide it in a lab in China.

Personally I'm with you on this one--it seems like weapons grade stupidity to me. It's almost a classic sci-fi/horror plot line, except for the part where it may have actually happened.
    Last edited by TomAiello; 04-30-2020 at 03:50 AM.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Supposedly it was done for research purposes.

It's a very controversial technique in virology research. Plenty of US researchers think it's irresponsible because of the risk of a pandemic if it gets out of the lab (really--people are on record saying that years ago). Some think it's a good way to study the virus for potential future treatments. But the controversy is strong enough that the Obama administration killed the research funding, so there was a gap of several years in the project.

Reading between the lines I'd say that the US government paid for the research to be done in China because it was too controversial to do it in the USA. So they basically tried to hide it in a lab in China.

Personally I'm with you on this one--it seems like weapons grade stupidity to me. It's almost a classic sci-fi/horror plot line, except for the part where it may have actually happened.
    Yeah, I've read several sources that all confirm what you're saying about researchers around the world familiar with the Wuhan facility being concerned of the potential for pandemic particularly and specifically from that center.

While your reading between the lines theory is just a theory...I'm inclined to believe you're probably right.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

― Gautama Buddha

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors