This video keeps disappearing, check it out - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This video keeps disappearing, check it out

This one comes close to the idea as well, but unfortunately the context makes this a very weak legal statement, because it qualifies that the ideas must have "even the slightest redeeming value" (obviously up for endless debate), and also lays out that the ideas must not tread on the exception areas (libel, slander, obscenity, imminent incitement (aka "fighting words"), etc)

"...unorthodox ideas, controversial ideas, even ideas hateful to the prevailing climate of opinion -- have the full protection of the guaranties..."

This snippet is from Roth v. United States, which is not one of my favorite pieces of first amendment jurisprudence (Roth v. United States,​ 354 US 476, 1957)
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Thanks Tom.

Neither of those are what I remember...maybe I'm slipping in my old age though, lol.

Both are relevant. Thanks for taking the time to post 'em.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    No, they're totally kooky. They are under the delusion that they can reason with the police.

There are sooo many questions here....One of the first ones is: Is this supposed to be 8pm or 8am?
    This was genuinely alarming to me, the police calmly explaining that they don't want to hurt them but will, because "jobs." A candid peek into a future Ido not want.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    This was genuinely alarming to me, the police calmly explaining that they don't want to hurt them but will, because "jobs." A candid peek into a future Ido not want.

That future is now....and has been for decades (as you know).

It's sad and infuriating how far we've become enslaved without so much as firing a collective "shot" against the usurpation of our liberties.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

You guys will enjoy this one........

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/connec...ught-on-video/

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    This was genuinely alarming to me, the police calmly explaining that they don't want to hurt them but will, because "jobs." A candid peek into a future I do not want.
    And into the past. Those lines were repeated a lot in a place called Nuremburg, to justify actions at places like Auschwitz and Dachau.

I realize that I officially lose the internet for the day by making that reference, but I feel like we're forgetting some history.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    You guys will enjoy this one........
    Giving someone the power of the government does not make them a different person. That applies to police, as well as politicians.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    And into the past. Those lines were repeated a lot in a place called Nuremburg, to justify actions at places like Auschwitz and Dachau.

I realize that I officially lose the internet for the day by making that reference, but I feel like we're forgetting some history.
    Meh...I always figure those that invoke Godwin's Law just don't like it b/c it draws a valid comparison to their current behavior and how very similar it is to collectivist groupthink.

Need to donate to this poor bastard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors