This video keeps disappearing, check it out
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This video keeps disappearing, check it out

This video keeps disappearing, check it out

I don't have any good back ground on this yet, only that It's gone up and down in different locations in the last 3 days. This takes place in Toronto, Canada. It has gone up under Covid tags, but I'm not sure that it's related in any way.

*edit*

Seems this was the result of a hunger strike and refusal to pay taxes. They may come off as a little kooky to some, but principally, I find common ground in their plight.

http://www.earthlyfireflies.org/poli...fireflies-org/

Last edited by TexasChris; 05-16-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    I don't have any good back ground on this yet, only that It's gone up and down in different locations in the last 3 days. This takes place in Toronto, Canada. It has gone up under Covid tags, but I'm not sure that it's related in any way.

*edit*

Seems this was the result of a hunger strike and refusal to pay taxes. They may come off as a little kooky to some, but principally, I find common ground in their plight.

Police took us from home by force to psychiatric facility for our hunger strike | Earthly Fireflies

No, they're totally kooky. They are under the delusion that they can reason with the police.

There are sooo many questions here....One of the first ones is: Is this supposed to be 8pm or 8am?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.c...lth-act/267684

This says 8pm...which means the "eval" isn't likely to happen until after their all-expenses-paid overnight stay. The above also says up to a 72 hour hold....I'd assume even without finding either of them to be unfit to care for themselves.

Clearly, this couple pissed off the government officials who came the day before and they "red flagged" them; likely in retribution for whatever verbal slight that offended them.

The hard part would be NOT losing one's shit for being forcibly removed from one's own home and then being illegally imprisoned for up to 3 days....that is assuming one didn't get violent, which would pretty much guarantee an involuntary committal to the mental institution. Catch 22. Probably better to just start shooting when the police show up for Nuremberg duty, lol.

***EDIT*** These folks seem to be of the 'non-violent', peaceable Christian variety....hence the hunger strike about the property taxes they've refused to pay. Basically, they are taking them in for evaluation for their hunger strike....

It's almost as if the state is telling us that we don't own our own bodies, lol....again.

Wonder how successful Ghandi would have been freeing India had he been thrown in a mental institution and locked away from public view. ***
    Last edited by Sean K.; 05-16-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Coming to a city near you this fall

"Mental Health" is a common excuse for tyranny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cases_...e_Soviet_Union
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    "Mental Health" is a common excuse for tyranny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cases_...e_Soviet_Union
    Interesting reading........

I'm pretty sure that Andrei Sakharov was diagnosed with "sluggish schizophrenia" by medical professionals, and involuntarily committed for "treatment".

I doubt these folks will win a Nobel prize for their dissent, though. That seems to be reserved for those engaged in politically correct dissent--or just for those winning elections when they are favored by certain segments of the establishment.

I'm not saying these people aren't kooky. Reading through their website, they have a lot of odd ideas. But odd ideas, controversial ideas, even dangerous ideas, not only deserve, but _are the reason for_ the protection of free speech. If every idea ever expressed was non-controversial, there would be no necessity to require its protection.
    Last edited by TomAiello; 05-18-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Side note on disappearing videos;

I'm a huge fan of LBRY (https://lbry.com) which puts videos on a blockchain so that they cannot be removed by a central authority (public or private). Removing them at all would require shutting down every machine housing the blockchain, and finding a way to prevent them being re-started.
    Last edited by TomAiello; 05-20-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Sean K. and TexasChris like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Andrei Sakharov was diagnosed with "sluggish schizophrenia" by medical professionals, and involuntarily committed for "treatment".

I doubt these folks will win a Nobel prize for their dissent, though. That seems to be reserved for those engaged in politically correct dissent--or just for those winning elections when they are favored by certain segments of the establishment.

I'm not saying these people aren't kooky. Reading through their website, they have a lot of odd ideas. But odd ideas, controversial ideas, even dangerous ideas, not only deserve, but _are the reason for_ the protection of free speech. If every idea ever expressed was non-controversial, there would be no necessity to require its protection.
    I've tried in vain to find a quote from one of the lower/appellate court justices who said something to the effect that, "The only type of speech that is protected by the 1st Amendment is that which is offensive. If no one was offended, that speech wouldn't need protecting". I've paraphrased it poorly...which is probably why I can't find it.

Obviously doesn't relate to this Canadian case, but it mirrors that final paragraph.

This one gets close to the idea (especially the second sentence), but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for;

“The fact that society may find speech offensive is not a sufficient reason for suppressing it. Indeed, if it is the speaker's opinion that gives offense, that consequence is a reason for according it constitutional protection.”

Hustler v. Falwell, Unanimous Opinion of the United States Supreme Court, Rehnquist, CJ (485 US 46), 1988

Emphasis mine.

- Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors